Viewing 40 posts - 20,041 through 20,080 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • cchris2lou

Cannondale putting their prices up by 6.4% on average not because of Brexit but because of fall in the £. And Specialized too.

Klunk
    Free Member

Anyway, have we invoked A50 yet?

don’t hold yer breath !

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Cannondale putting their prices up by 6.4% on average not because of Brexit but because of fall in the £. And Specialized too.

We’re looking at a 10% increase on some products, which are bought by local authorities and paid for by you. A win win scenario, no?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Boarding, its not individual abattoirs its the whole rearing process. We in UK have been following strict rules for years and the EU more recently adopted them. Many Eastern European countries have never been compliant, aren’t now but their identites are kept secret and they are allowed to keep selling. BBC did something on it during Referendum, interviews with farmers etc who cannot compete price wise.

We shovel huge amounts into the EU coffers and then get told how to spend the fraction we get back.

@bikeey yes indeed, there is no need to justify this as MikeSmith has asked as he himself has already posted links to factcheck.org showing how much we send on a net basis. Yes the EU gives us back our own money to the projects or agricultural sectors it decides. Madness.

Will any of you apologise to poor old jambalaya if he’s proven right, I’ve noticed a few of these threads are starting have undertones of bullying.

@phill thanks for the post, appreciated. It does get a bit that way sometimes and it’s bothered others enough to make reports and people have been banned. Some here need a Pantomime Villain to shout at. Now I do understand it, I have little time for Political Correctness and just post what I think. The fact that on most of the big issues over the 4 or 5 years I have been here have come down “my way” does wind people up. Many posters have given up trying to respond and just go for the “it’s all lies” retort as you can see, just a blanket attempt to discredit. I told the magazine it doesn’t bother me and they have better things to do.

@Boarding (again) I live in the UK in terms of primary residence, pay my taxes there etc. Have spent probably 80% of my time in UK since 2012, prior 2 years in Singapore and 6 months in NY in 2008. Prior to that in UK from 1992 when I got back from 3 years in NY. Last 6 months of 2016 mostly in France for a variety of reasons inc one particular personal one I posted here. Whether I live in the UK is irrelevant to this debate, Mike and Zippy (or maybe Zokes) live in Australia.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’re looking at a 10% increase on some products, which are bought by local authorities and paid for by you. A win win scenario, no?

Record spending by tourists over last 6 months of 2016 especially from Asia taking advantage of lower £. As we posted lower £ encourages people to buy British and is particularly important given we have a trade deficit. Devaluing a currency is a common tactic to boost an economy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some here need a Pantomime Villain to shout at.

we really dont 😉

cchris2lou

If you read the Caterer and Hotel keeper magazine, you would see that numbers are down despite weak £.

dragon
    Free Member

Guardian reporting that EU are worried about London leaving and the resulting impact on EU finances as it will result in higher costs for EU countries when they can least afford it. Interesting times.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Record spending by tourists over last 6 months of 2016 especially from Asia taking advantage of lower £. As we posted lower £ encourages people to buy British and is particularly important given we have a trade deficit. Devaluing a currency is a common tactic to boost an economy.

Phew! There’s a good, solid long term strategy in place then? 🙄

zokes
    Free Member

Some here need a Pantomime Villain to shout at

No, really we’d much rather have a constructive fact based discussion. But through choice, lack of will or capacity you choose not to engage with facts. Claiming to be a pantomime villain just demonstrates your apparent childishness in this regard, actually.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have little time for Political Correctness and just post what I think. The fact that on most of the big issues over the 4 or 5 years I have been here have come down “my way” does wind people up.

Honestly it’s more the posting of lies claiming they are facts, then when presented with the actual facts keeping going with it. Hows the 350 million a week going, the millions of Poles and the 10bn for the NHS?

Junkyard
    Free Member

we have had enough of experts and facts thank you very much

welshfarmer

Oh yes we do..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀 WF!!

Cchris2lou – not because of Brexshit but because of the fall in the pound??? Did I miss some sarcasm there?

wiggles
    Free Member

The pound has fallen, stuff is more expensive to buy from overseas so prices will go up, of course it is because of brexit, but every-time a company says they are changing prices and mentions brexit all the kippers come along and say “they are just using brexit as an excuse to scam us all out of more money”

zippykona

Every penny that goes on a litre of petrol is another indicator of how much freer we are.
    When the first garage puts it’s price up to £1.50 a litre we should have nigel in front of the sign waving a union jack and have a street party.
    At that price I’m starting to feel the shackles slip and at £2 I will stand on the white cliffs shouting FREEDOM to those pesky frogs.
    “Who’s laughing now.”

cchris2lou

@thm, article in cycling weekly.

igm

I have little time for Political Correctness

To be fair, the Brexies are the greatest exponents of political correctness – as in “if you don’t agree, you’re a traitor”.

The attempted bullying of the rest of the population by Brexies is spectacular. Go read just about any Mail comments page if you don’t believe me.

Jamba I suspect is like me. Not that easy to bully really.

kimbers

I have little time for Political Correctness

Boom-tish !

slowoldman

Phew! There’s a good, solid long term strategy in place then?

Make sure they buy plenty of scones and jam while they’re here.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

We do work for 5 mid size hotel chains (30 + hotels each) all saying their room occupations are down – not anecdotal right from the Finance Directors. Better landfill them scones.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Steady on now folks the way you are all negating jambys claim with actual evidence will be construed as bullying the “pantomime villain” .Unfortunately he fails to grasp that it is the way he just spouts factually incorrect statements to support his view and then dont retract them when presented with the actual facts

its unlikely the hive mind will ignore someone being wrong over and over again on easily checkable matters.

jambalaya
    Free Member

George Osborne’s ‘Ludicrous’ Emergency Brexit Budget Threat Undermined Remain, IFS Boss Paul Johnson Says

Institute for Fiscal Studies gives both barrels to George Osbourne in an interview with Huffington Post 🙂

The punishment budget was for me the moment all Remain credibility was lost, already severly damaged by the Treasury “Predictions” this was the final straw.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-economy-paul-johnson-george-osborne_uk_58763038e4b087dc83e7d5e9?hk6gvi&utm_hp_ref=uk

As the IFS Director says 10 years from now it will be very hard to say definitively what the impact of Brexit will be. There are so many complex factors all at work.

Junkyard the evidence is very much one way. The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit and activity in the rest of Europe is very weak. As I said Airbus laid off 1000 people about 80 of which are in the UK, 400 each in Germany and France – we can guess the headlines if it had been 400 in fhe UK. Alstrom which makes trains is in big trouble as the orders just aren’t there (had a French governent cash injection via a “fake” order). There is an underlying backdrop of significant recessionary forces in Europe and a looming Sovereign Debt crises which will make 2008 seem like a kids birthday party.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What’s was the EUs GDP growth in the last Q Jambas?

We have just had a massive stumulus (£ devaluation) combined with stealing (QE) and a givernment spending more that it earns to a greater degree that the Europeans……so yes we are growing a little faster and why? Debt fueled consumption. We can hold back on the complacency for a while yet.

igm

Consumer debt crisis or economic slowdown (one of the two) just round the corner in the UK imo.

kerley
    Free Member

its unlikely the hive mind will ignore someone being wrong over and over again on easily checkable matters.

574 pages driven mostly by Jamba BS says otherwise.

Cougar

574 pages

At the risk of using Brexit maths, 576 pages if you include all the deleted posts.

(-:

slowoldman

The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit

I’ve been out, did I miss something? 😯

MrOvershoot

slowoldman – Member

The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit

I’ve been out, did I miss something?

No just another Jambafact#

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting pieces in Telegragph (sourced by Guardain). Head EU negotiator speaking at private meeting was minuted as saying (quite correctoy) that the EU needed open access to the London financial markets. Finally we have something sensible from the EU’s side. Without those markets and products Europe will be a deep do-do. The regularory structures simply don’t exist in Europe and could not be created fast enough and I very much doubt European Governments really have the political will to take on the costs and liabilities of a relocation.

TMH, very happy to do a growth MTM at end of 2017, 18, 19 and 20

Kerley feel free to have your own discussion just with people who agree with you. What Indid is sign up to a campaign, give some money, give some time and went out to grab a once in a lifetime opportunity to chnage the direction of our country for the better. You might like to listen to what Barack had to say here

President Obama's final speech: democracy and diversity

"If you're tired of arguing with strangers on the internet, try talking with one of them in real life."President Obama calls for people to step outside their "bubbles" to allow democracy in a diverse nation to work.

Posted by Channel 4 News on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

DrJ

10) He’ll then be deported back to the UK, but as he’s not lived here for so long he’ll be forced to take a citizenship test, which he’ll fail

Unfortunately Madame Jamba is “negotiation capital” so she won’t be allowed to join him. Except, of course, he’s probably rich enough to buy her private medical insurance, so he’s all right, Jack.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/14/dutchwoman-resident-in-uk-for-30-years-may-have-to-leave-after-brexit

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas, I am also looking forward to seeing first rates this year and next. In the meantime, may I repeat my question, how fast are the EU and the EZ growing NOW. I am Intirgued to know Sha “Very weak” is.

Mrovershoot, on your side, you might want to apologise to Jambas as his “fact” about G7 growth rates is correct. (But it is not expected to last.)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamby claimed it was the strongest economy not it was the fastest growing- i have no idea how such a nebulous concept would be proved tbh

Head EU negotiator speaking at private meeting was minuted as saying (quite correctoy) that the EU needed open access to the London financial markets

this is not what the minutes said and it is not what hs clarification said either

the jambyfacts – though thi sis more a distortion of what happened that a complete fabrication- come so often some slip under the radar

the actual facts are below for anyone who cares – clearly not you Jamby

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/14/eus-chief-brexit-negotiator-michel-barnier-wants-special-relationship/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/13/eu-negotiator-wants-special-deal-over-access-to-city-post-brexit

jambalaya
    Free Member

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff” day in day out rather than engage in a discussion. They don’t have the strength of character to do either of those things.

More than one attendee at the EU meeting backed up the Torygraph piece not least as its true. Mark mynwords Trumps election and his approach to the IMF is going to put the fear of God into the EU. He (quite rightly) is going to screw the EU into the ground over their mishandling of Greece. The EU needs the City of London very badly right now.

igm

Please. I have apologised on this very thread when I have said things clumsily or in accurately.

Don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

The EU needs the City of London very badly right now

Probably mutual given what Trump and his protectionist tendency might do. But then again, Trump, who knows?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

True.

But 😉 I will still repeat my question politely!!

Avez-vous remarque……. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

This made me laugh. He might want to have a word with his EU colleagues from Ireland and Luxembourg first

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/netherlands-brexit-tax-avoidance-trade-deal-lodewijk-asscher-theresa-may-conservatives-a7527656.html

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am encouraged by Barnier’s rhetoric so far.

igm

Agreed Jamba – but surely you’ve found a kindred spirit there?

kelvin

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff” day in day out rather than engage in a discussion. They don’t have the strength of character to do either of those things.

Plenty of “engagement”, you just refuse to back up your blatant lies when asked to. It gets tedious.
    You just move on and ignore all questions others ask you about your spurious claims.
    Still, the world is going the way you want, and the tactics you use here are proven to work in the wider world now, so why should you care?

Viewing 40 posts - 20,041 through 20,080 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.