Viewing 40 posts - 14,721 through 14,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • igm

Otherwise it won’t happen

chestrockwell

As above, all about the power. Regardless of what they all spout if they had the chance to be PM they would take it, with very few exceptions.

zippykona

Corbyn obviously doesn’t want the job.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

FIRE UP THE ZIMMER FRAMES!!!

Nigel Farage is planning to lead a 100,000-strong march to the Supreme Court to coincide with the start of the Government’s attempt to stop peers and MPs delaying Brexit.

The march, organised by the anti-European Union campaign Leave.EU, will end with a rally in Parliament Square within sight of the court building where judges will be hearing the appeal.

The Daily Telegraph can also disclose that Leave.EU is planning to “crowd fund” £100,000 from its supporters to pay for barristers to represent Leave supporters in the court action.

This will mean that the anti-EU supporters will have their own barristers in the legal action, who can challenge claims made by Remain supporters and even the Government.

Mr Farage – the interim leader of the UK Independence Party – and other prominent Leave supporters are due to lead the march from Trafalgar Square along Whitehall to Parliament Square.
    Nigel Farage to lead 100,000-strong march on Supreme Court on day of historic Brexit court hearing

cchris2lou

Britain first are polishing their Dc Martens and shaving their head in preparation .

kimbers

it wont be all about the zimmer frames

you can bet farage’s solitary testicle that the EDL etc will be loving this

‘death to traitors, freedom for Britain’

squirrelking
    Free Member

All this plus we have fixed term Parliaments so an early eelction effectively has to be called via the opposition and a vote of no confidence.

And how unlikely is that really?

tjagain

Fairly unlikely to engineer losing a vote of confidence deliberatly. the other way is a 2/3 vote in parliament to disolve it.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

EDL and Britain First? I don’t think so. Brexit is all about opportunity. Opportunity for the brightest and best from all over the world to work and live here. We’re outward looking, and open for business. A march led by Nigel Farage will only ever be an amazing advert for this brave new and forward looking Britain.

cchris2lou

Bravo.

zippykona

I wonder when the last post on this thread will be? It’s got at least 3 years to go I reckon .
    How much shit will have flown under the bridge by then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think this one has legs, especially if they decide to try the EU courts to restrict the powers of the UK parliament
    https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/irons/
    On the postureing JC has laid down some red lines good on him, he has not said they won’t support the government, just they will oppose stupid ideas. It won’t be a problem for May as her party is 100% united on the EU and has never in it’s history rebelled on an EU bill ever #FACT.

May doesn’t want to put A50 through parliament as it’s akin to not throwing the hand grenade far enough out of the bunker. It hurts you more than anyone else.

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ other May scenarios exist. A50 in March followed by radical change of govt in France, Merkel gone / materially weakened in a new right oeaning coalition. EU agrees decent deal for UK againat a backdrop of shrinking EU economy. Greek debt crises resurfaces and UK population realises we have dodged a bullet as EU infighting reaches fever pitch. All during this time and increasingly ineffective Corbyn sees Labour go further left. 2020 Tory landslide.s

jambalaya
    Free Member

@zippy who knows, many more posts and the issue will clearly run till 2019 and beyond

iffoverload
    Free Member

100,000 Neanderthals causing a public nuisance?

The news came as Mr Farage warned that any attempts to overturn the results of the referendum risked “political anger the likes of which none of us in our lifetimes have ever witnessed”.

“This will remind the Government/politicians and the establishment including the court that they cannot ignore the democratic vote of the people in the referendum democracy and debate and submit to the threat of violent action”

Asked whether that could mean “disturbances in the street”, he replied: “Yeah, I think that’s right.”

I hope the Public Order Act is invoked.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Greek debt crises resurfaces and UK population realises we have dodged a bullet as EU infighting reaches fever pitch.

Well EU infighting will probably deliver hard brexit on top of the reduced demand from the worlds biggest economy, great time for the UK to take a kick in the balls.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Why did she take on the leadership?”

I guess purely because she wants to be PM and is prepared to do it even at a difficult time.

Let’s be honest every PM has an endless succession of decisions where all the options are unpopular. This is just more of the same of a bigger scale.

stewartc
    Free Member

“Why did she take on the leadership?”

Kudos to her for not dodging the bullet and giving it a go in very difficult circumstances unlike other politicians who were very active in the campaign but jumped at the first opportunity.

Will Brexit be the same as the Southern States succeeding from the Union and then resulting in the civil war, my thinking is instead it will be years of endless political infighting and maneuvering with everybody being in the same place as when they started?

GrahamS

Can’t help thinking that Farage’s 10,000 Primate March might backfire on him quite badly if it is heavily attended by Britain First, EDL et al. Though I’m sure they’ll spin it as unpatriotic Remainer traitors trying to cause trouble. 🙄

On a lighter note, this made me laugh:
    [video]https://youtu.be/41_5fyqNbE8[/video]

kimbers

Another lie by Vote Leave exposed for what it was

http://www.relocatemagazine.com/news/vote-leave-proposes-points-system-for-uk-visas-david-sapsted

a statement from the leaders of Vote Leave camp – Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Priti Patel, and Gisela Stuart – pledged that “by the next general election, we will create a genuine Australian-style points-based immigration system”.

https://www.ft.com/content/94adcefa-1dd5-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15

The argument that limiting European immigrants will give Commonwealth citizens easier access has been increasingly put forward by the Out campaign.

we all know that the consumers of Ready Brexit would be even more upset by more non-white immigrants over the white european ones

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/06/uk-will-not-offer-more-work-visas-to-indian-nationals-says-may

mt
    Free Member

Well May has just announced a fast track visa system for Indians.

If they come to Yorkshire they’ll not need visa’s as long as they buy the beers.

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s good news. Inevitable, obviously. Becoming more international means more international immigrants.

zippykona

Let’s see how the express readers cope with that.
    At least the whole country can hate her now.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Just wait for free movement with Australia. Love will be forthcoming.

mikey74
    Free Member

So we’ll swap the ” those bloomin Poles ,coming over here, stealing our jobs”, for ” those bloomin’ Indians…”. Back to the 1970s it is then. Time to bring back Alf Garnet (yes,I know it was satire).

As I’ve said before, nothing the Brexit voters perceived to be wrong with this country will be fixed by Brexit, just potentially made a lot worse, with additional problems on top.

zippykona

So basically here tough negotiating policy is to just give rich people whatever they want.
    From henceforth she shall be known as The Aluminium Lady.
    There again any of her promises can just be renounced the next day as a “mistake.”

5thElefant
    Free Member

They missed pets and spam bots from that pie chart.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure those of us overseas who registered but the ballot papers didn’t arrive in time etc. will be in there somewhere too.

Nipper99
    Free Member

A couple of quotes from Enola’s creator that seem apt.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.

Nipper99
    Free Member

A love letter from Farage to Enola? (from the beloved proprietor of the Daily Mail’s grandfather who is obviously trying to pick up where granddad left off)

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Looking at the link kimbers posted, its fast track visas, not more visas for India. “We have quite enough brown people”, says May.

For some sheer unbridled lunacy I can highly recommend listening to UKIP leadership hopeful Suzanne Evans on the R4 Today show (8:20), as she discusses Farage’s call to arms and her view on the judiciary.

GrahamS

Best get those whips sharpened:

(Sauce: Indy100)

Difficult position really – if MPS let it slide through with barely a comment then they clearly don’t have the courage of their convictions, but if they actually block it then they are “subverting the will of the people”.

(Incidentally does anyone else find the notion of MPS being “whipped” slightly uncomfortable? Most of them probably enjoy it).

tjagain

Graham – the answer to that would be use the parliamentary debates to expose the nonsense at the heart of the leave campaign and the damage that leaving will do – then a second referendum

zippykona

The problem is there is even more irrational hatred flying around now than before the first vote.
    Whether it will be idiots hating more or more idiots hating I don’t know.
    We can however look forward to more German cars being damaged on a Friday night along with the old 2 world wars and 1 World Cup chant.
    After all ,Nigel said it was ok.

cchris2lou

So the first country May and Fox visit to get trade deals asks for more freedom of movement for its people.
    Read this morning that the UK association of Curry house chefs is very disappointed to have voted Leave as he did it on the promise of the visa point system which would allow more chefs in the country. Sadly May has said no point system, train more UK chefs.

Nipper99
    Free Member

That’s why Enola doesn’t want it anywhere parliament until the damage is done and she can present the whole mess as a fait accompli – once article 50 is triggered it will be too late.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Someone need to get a grip of all of this. We are looking like imbeciles.

The appetite for a third referendum should be zero. We have just had two that were grossly abused. Why have another – other than a vain hope that it could be third time lucky?

We had the vote, the CoJ have told us what to do. Do it, and try to do it well. We can’t keep suffering from uncertainty neither can the Europeans.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We had the vote, the CoJ have told us what to do. Do it, and try to do it well. We can’t keep suffering from uncertainty neither can the Europeans.

So true but May probably has the numbers on her desk that tells her how the vote will sit.

cchris2lou

Hence Junker and Co telling her to hurry up.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,721 through 14,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.