Viewing 40 posts - 8,721 through 8,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

the future is now much brighter

Only if you are looking through brexit tinted glasses.

Can I ask what specifically you think will improve, and with concrete reasons why?

binners

We have a bump in the road to get over but the future is now much brighter.

What could possibly go wrong…..?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Has our glorious leader been called before the STW select committee to answer questions yet?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

We have a bump in the road to get over but the future is now much brighter.

You’re optimising is impressive but based on what? Your glorious leaders are turning on each other topped off with the fact that none have got a feking clue what to do next!

You need a bit more than blind bloody hope to fix the mess your bunch have created!

What’s the fing plan Stan?!

mrmo
    Free Member

just thinking earlier, if we assume the earliest that Article 50 can be triggered is 2017, that gives till 2019 to negotiate a way out. in 2020 there is a General Election.

IF it all goes well then i can see the Tories winning in 2020, however if the economy goes to pot, and all models do seem to point at a downturn. Then who will get the blame? the Tories???? Push comes to shove will people think oh well no pain no gain, or will they lash out at the Tories???

So would any short term politician actually trigger something that might screw their chances for the next election?

thecaptain
    Free Member

No, once A50 is triggered there is probably no taking it back (weird legal advice in some parliamentary document notwithstanding). Which is why it can’t be triggered before there’s a cast-iron agreement in place.

DrJ

Push comes to shove will people think oh well no pain no gain, or will they lash out at the Tories??

Who can say? In a post-truth post-reason world where people knowingly vote themselves out of a job, anything’s possible.

Which is why it can’t be triggered before there’s a cast-iron agreement in place.

But the EU say they won’t talk til it’s triggered. Catch-22.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Nice to hear an economist having a different view to Mark Carney.

Radio 4 interview

DrJ

We don’t listen to experts, remember?

jimw
    Free Member

The ‘expert’ is not exactly neutral and came across as a boorish unpleasant man.
    “I’ll be happy to come back in a year and gloat”

Classy

DrJ

C4 news just now has a piece about Australian treatment of refugees. A lovely role model for Brexiters. Watch if you have a strong stomach.

slowoldman

But the EU say they won’t talk til it’s triggered. Catch-22.

It’s almost as though it’s a trigger with a safety catch.

slowoldman

the future is now much brighter

OK now I’m frightened.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member 

Radio 4 interview

POSTED 44 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

He isn’t really. He is just being an arse. But covered in the other thread,

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Gove says in the standard “last week’s referendum voting had exposed the existence of “two Britains”, one that made money from globalisation, and another whose people felt they were “flotsam and jetsam in its powerful flow”

Sounds like he has more empathy and perception that most of the people on this thread…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Global Trumpism :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK0jeJ8wxg[/video]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

quite amusing as well as pertinent :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUKjTPPcOdQ[/video]

DrJ

Sounds like he has more empathy and perception that most of the people on this thread…

Talk is cheap. IDS says similar things. Let’s see how that translates into action.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sounds like he has more empathy and perception that most of the people on this thread.

Poes Law?

jambalaya
    Free Member

We don’t listen to experts, remember?

These aren’t experts they are business people who’s job it is to make money. Plenty of opportunity. Big business (ie the CEO) likes the EU for tax avoidance and downward pressure on wages,

jambalaya
    Free Member

C4 news just now has a piece about Australian treatment of refugees. A lovely role model for Brexiters. Watch if you have a strong stomach.

Well aware of the Aussie model, they felt they had to do something to stop the flow. They apply the law aggressively, no babies born in Oz if possible. Remember the EU stopped paying / providing Navy support in the Med and look what happened 100’s and 100’s drowning

kimbers

Med and look what happened 100’s and 100’s drowning

And this didn’t correlate at all with the Syrian civil war…?

BoardinBob

My girlfriend’s mother announced tonight that she voted leave because an eastern European man randomly asked my girlfriend’s sister to marry him one day in a shop. Apparently “they” can’t be trusted

grantway
    Free Member

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .SFUIText-Regular;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red238\green238\blue238;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
    {\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK0jeJ8wxg&ebc=ANyPxKoW5ya4JMc2N0XxhULrhI4dGz7GJjh2eKbOjCOZ9xXF4ALHWAfgRfR4e-l2EF-UkrtmUn27gFkem13V81JgSxngeCG2YA”}}{\fldrslt \
    }}\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\fs24 \cf3 \strokec3 <div class=”player-unavailable”><h1 class=”message”>An error occurred.</h1><div class=”submessage”>Try watching this video on http://www.youtube.com, or enable JavaScript if it is disabled in your browser.</div></div>}

So 200 and something posts in and this guy is bang on the money. So let’s see what the wanna be Conservs and copy and posters of STW have to say : ))

chris85
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member
    My girlfriend’s mother announced tonight that she voted leave because an eastern European man randomly asked my girlfriend’s sister to marry him one day in a shop. Apparently “they” can’t be trusted
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh dear…yet another ‘uneducated working class racist’ this is starting to get tiring now listening to all the crying remainers. 🙄

jam-bo

grantway – Member
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .SFUIText-Regular;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red238\green238\blue238;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
    {\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK0jeJ8wxg&ebc=ANyPxKoW5ya4JMc2N0XxhULrhI4dGz7GJjh2eKbOjCOZ9xXF4ALHWAfgRfR4e-l2EF-UkrtmUn27gFkem13V81JgSxngeCG2YA&#8221;}}{\fldrslt
    }}\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0
    \fs24 \cf3 \strokec3 <div class=”player-unavailable”><h1 class=”message”>An error occurred.</h1><div class=”submessage”>Try watching this video on http://www.youtube.com, or enable JavaScript if it is disabled in your browser.</div></div>}
    So 200 and something posts in and this guy is bang on the money. So let’s see what the wanna be Conservs and copy and posters of STW have to say : ))
    POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That’s the most sense grantway has ever made..

zippykona

My mum voted out because her friend had a nigerian nurse be nasty to her in hospital.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was referring to those coming from Libya – EU cut funding for patrols and left Italy to try and manage alone. EU foreign policy has been a disaster not least in the Balkans, highly questionable over Ukraine and they had to be dragged kicking amd screaming into sanctions on Russia

funkynick

Hold on, I seem to recall it was the UK government that scuppered the naval search and rescue in the Med back in 2014… so am not entirely sure you can blame the EU alone for that one!

athgray
    Free Member

EU foreign policy has been a disaster not least in the Balkans,

Does this refer to to the Balkans war?

grantway
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

My mum voted out because her friend had a nigerian nurse be nasty to her in hospital.

My Daughter and her friends never voted being they thought the voting would be rigged by the Govenment to stay!

grantway
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    I was referring to those coming from Libya – EU cut funding for patrols and left Italy to try and manage alone. EU foreign policy has been a disaster not least in the Balkans, highly questionable over Ukraine and they had to be dragged kicking amd screaming into sanctions on Russia

POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Should have just towed the boats/crafts back into the waters they came from
    Eventually there be no boats/crafts. An ideal opportunity has been missed for these unfortunate souls. Is that the UN should have made another Country between no mans land IE between borders and they could of used the people and be payed to build/police/health etc and build infrulstructure rather than look as beggars for news reel.
    Now we’re ever they are will never be asserted but absorbed into Country’s where they have no worth due to the qualifications of the Country’s they are in, other than looked at as being scroungers

athgray
    Free Member

Jambalaya uses the EU turning a blind eye
    To the atrocities in the Balkans as a reason to be out of the EU. As reprehensible as Srebenica is, the EU can learn from such a mistake. People like Jambalaya, far from hoping to help those in need, would rather there are as many borders between us and them as possible, to make them seem further away.
    Don’t pretend to know where the Balkans are. I find it very insulting.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@athgray I use it as an example of how totally dysfunctional the EU is. Frankly they’ve not made a decent job of anything important. The currency is a massive disaster, simply stellar if the F up department

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What was your mum’s friend doing in Nigeria?………….it isn’t even in the EU !

grantway
    Free Member

Question il like to raise is that apparently the pound is at an all time low low low to the Euro and it’s all xhit bad. But 5 years back we purchased our place in Alicante at 1.18 Euro to the pound whilst in the Euro. And the pound is worth more now in this some what Disaster!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Because we have helped hit the euro too.
    Check the dollar rate
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1W

grantway
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    Jambalaya uses the EU turning a blind eye
    To the atrocities in the Balkans as a reason to be out of the EU. As reprehensible as Srebenica is, the EU can learn from such a mistake. People like Jambalaya, far from hoping to help those in need, would rather there are as many borders between us and them as possible, to make them seem further away.
    Don’t pretend to know where the Balkans are. I find it very insulting.

I believe he has this Mixed up with the UN

grantway
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Because we have helped hit the euro too.
    Check the dollar rate
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1W

Lol Na it’s just the money markets. Basically the same shit that we bailed out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see your economic credentials there….
    People are moving money out of volatile and risky places to traditional safe spots like usd. For a while the euro was the currency of choice now it’s the US. It’s a sign that both are weaker than they were a week ago due to uncertainty caused by brexit

Viewing 40 posts - 8,721 through 8,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.