Viewing 40 posts - 42,641 through 42,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kimbers

Oooops even Davis’ own analysis says that hard or soft Brexit will hurt UKs economy.

No matter how swivel eyed the brexie that replaces May

Facts prove to be the enemy of Brexit

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/albertonardelli/the-governments-own-brexit-analysis-says-the-uk-will-be?__twitter_impression=true

kelvin

“We have been clear that we are not prepared to provide a running commentary on any aspect of this ongoing internal work and that ministers have a duty not to publish anything that could risk exposing our negotiation position.”

No one still believes this, do they? That we need to keep “our cards close to our chest” because… “negotiations?” !?!!? The government can not decide which damaging version of Brexit to persue, and the clock is ticking… the secrecy is about covering up a lack of direction and capability, not about hiding a strong negotiating hand.

mattyfez

We’ve been very clear that we don’t want to look incompetent.

With the vacuume of a follow up statement of substance,  it’s all perfectly clear.

Poopscoop

Just want to report that there has been some comedy gold on the BBC have your say forum tonight.

As you can guess, it was on the take it or leave it deal we have been offered. Which we will take… after “hard negotiation” as usual. Lol

I just want to say that there is nothing sweeter that the taste of angry Brexiter tears. Each a precious little unicorn made of xenophobia and ignorance. 😀

Oh, they doned seem to take it in a nice way when you offer them a hug…

Just an fyi on that last one.

Needed a Brexit vent and that went down nicely tonight. 🙂

Peace be to all.

(Not the Tory party obvs.)

kimbers

Moggy looked utterly deflated when maitliss confronted him

Pesky facts making Brexiters look stupid, at some point they will have to be honest with the public, maybe.

Poopscoop

^^ Was this on news night?

Will go off and watch on catchup if so.

I selfishly loath that “man” moggy mcmoggurus.

A face I would just love to punch.

It would being bring me much joy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Mogg-meister was on top form, where we watching the same programme kimbers ?

Mogg The Week – he has his own dedicated Youtube channel 🙂

https://youtu.be/yoW-m0F5wcI

mattyfez

Anyway good news is it looks increasingly likely May will be replaced by a true Brexiteer shortly

Oh jesus. What’s the Latin word for jesus again?

kimbers

What where he said that these studies must be wrong because they might be using the gravity model of trade that got predictions wrong last time ( despite the predicted downturn being due to consumer & investor confidence  crashing as it did after 2008 & nothing to do with gravity models)

It was a brilliant demonstration of him trying to condescend but only exposing how clueless he is.

This was a report from DExU the ministry jambs  assured us was being staffed by a flood of patriotic Brexiters.

That Mogg is so popular with a tiny clique of hard core brexies is a great sign of how distant they are from the rest of the country !

Poopscoop

Famed of if can find mogg doing anything but lecturing, no other party involved.

What date is the video concerned ? I assumed it was last could of days ?

igm

Anyway good news is it looks increasingly likely May will be replaced by a true Brexiteer shortly

You know, I think that might be an excellent idea. It would kill Brexit for good if Mogg was PM. It would unite Labour properly against it and properly divide the Tories and ultimately lead to us rescinding our A50 letter (open doors and open hearts in Europe you know), prevent that pesky 8% lost growth, help protect jobs in the English Northeast and Midlands.

Best idea you’ve had in ages Jamba. Chapeau.

igm

Incidentally THM, I note that Corbyn has ruled out another referendum, but I think has not ruled out staying in the EU. He’s been very careful with his language here.

Now I tend to agree with no second (third really) referendum. Binary referendums are essentially incompatible with how UK democracy works  If the last couple of years doesn’t tell you that, the next few (10?) will as we try to heal the rifts caused by the Brexit campaign and fall out since the vote.

So yes, the way forward to remaining in the EU without a referendum has been left clear.  It’s a rocky passage but not unnavigable and (even ignoring the economic and jobs benefits of not leaving for a second) because it would have to rely on consensus building, better for society too.

Another man with good ideas. Jamba and Corbyn in the same basket this morning. Well I never.

kimbers

The funniest thing about Moggy whinging that a transition turns us into a ‘vassal state’ is that it was the Brexiters that triggered A50 too soon, with no plan, high on their own genius.

Now the government needs to buy time to polish the turd that is Brexit, in the hopes that it’s only a 2% hit not 5 or 8% of our economy we tank.

Del

on R4 this morning, i paraphrase – ‘report says brexit will cost the economy’ ‘government says it won’t’
    sigh.

Del

‘They need Freedom of Movement into the UK to keep pressure off (well delay) other countries like France and Germany who’ll have to take up the slack once it’s shut down.’

I’m sorry, what ‘slack’ is this?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“In” IGM??? “In”…..

How many times …..  😉

igm

There’s days THM, when I get the feeling you’re taking the piss, but either I’m too dim or you’re too vague (maybe both) for me to get it.

Today is one of those days.

Stepping away from that, is your reading of Corbyn’s espoused position roughly in line with mine. If not, where has he said otherwise.

Lots about respecting the electorate, but you can change their views.

ransos
    Free Member

The Mogg-meister was on top form, where we watching the same programme kimbers ?

A classic response to cognitive dissonance: where evidence contradicts your beliefs, ignore the evidence.

That’s you and Mogg, by the way.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IGM – talk of remaining “in” the EU/CU/SM is nebulous. Probably why Jezza uses it – if he did

but it means nothing at all – de nada, rien

as I may have mentioned before, the issues are membership of (voted no) versus across to (what we are negotiating now) – that is all

jezza should be precise. We are not having another ref on membership of the EU. We may have one (?) on the terms of our future access to the SM/CU. Or it may simply be a parliamentary vote.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IGM – talk of remaining “in” the EU/CU/SM is nebulous. Probably why Jezza uses it – if he did

but it means nothing at all – de nada, rien

as I may have mentioned before, the issues are membership of (voted no) versus across to (what we are negotiating now) – that is all

jezza should be precise. We are not having another ref on membership of the EU. We may have one (?) on the terms of our future access to the SM/CU. Or it may simply be a parliamentary vote.

igm

Corbyn is I think explicitly not ruling anything out except a second referendum.

So retaining membership is still on his options list.  That is what I meant by “in”.

I trust the rest of the post is understandable now, though you are of course and as always welcome to disagree.  (Even though I’m right 😉)

igm

I respectfully disagree.

zokes
    Free Member

“talk of remaining “in” the EU/CU/SM is nebulous.”

Only if you’re deliberately obtuse and choose to remove context from the statement when it was made.

bodgy
    Free Member

Given that even the Conservatives recognise that we will be worse off as a country, and that Remain is the best financial option (closely followed by the non-existent Norway option as being “the least worst”) why is this ridiculous charade continuing? It would be very simple to revoke A%), and start working to get the country back on its feet.

zokes
    Free Member

Wow, as if there weren’t enough posts in this thread without duplicate duplicate duplicate posts.

bodgy
    Free Member

The forum is having a bit of a moment, methinks.

thecaptain
    Free Member

THM, talk of a “bespoke” deal is nebulous – it means nothing at all, de nada, rien. All outcomes are “bespoke”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Unless you take an existing one off the shelf. Then it’s not bespoke.

Otherwise it means a lot. The Norway option is not really one for us.

PJM1974
    Free Member

“We have been clear…” is one of the great oxymoronic political phrases of our time. It’s up there with the mantra of Conservative politicians in the 1980s, “In real terms…”.

We have not been clear. We haven’t even been clear with our own cabinet.

Twodogs
    cchris2lou

I reckown the government has taken over the new forum.

binners

So the Brexiteers are now getting them into their now standard foaming-at-the-mouth state about the economic data being leaked

Don’t bother with what its telling them, lets just shoot the messenger, eh?

And the political vacuum that is the Maybot has again postponed her next speech on Brexit, as that would involve actually having to make some decisions on what kind of Brexit she’s advocating.

And everyone knows that the second she does that is the second either one, of both, factions of here party declare war on her.

So, for now, she retains her tenuous and utterly pointless fingertips-grip on ‘power’, and puts off the inevitable rats-in-a-sack implosion of the Tory party for another few weeks

Utterly depressing thats this is what our national politics is now hostage too

binners

So the Brexiteers are now getting them into their now standard foaming-at-the-mouth state about the economic data being leaked

Don’t bother with what its telling them, lets just shoot the messenger, eh?

And the political vacuum that is the Maybot has again postponed her next speech on Brexit, as that would involve actually having to make some decisions on what kind of Brexit she’s advocating.

And everyone knows that the second she does that is the second either one, of both, factions of here party declare war on her.

So, for now, she retains her tenuous and utterly pointless fingertips-grip on ‘power’, and puts off the inevitable rats-in-a-sack implosion of the Tory party for another few weeks.

Or maybe not…

Utterly depressing thats this is what our national politics is now hostage too

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Repetition doesn’t make it right!!! 😉

zokes – on the contrary the use of “in” is only use to mislead the gullible. It’s meaningless

capn – on the contrary ^2. Pushing us to accept an off the shelf deal (Norway, Canada etc) is not in our interests. It is very important that we achieve a bespoke deal – especially given importance of fin services to UK economy – hence it’s not nebulous at all

Del

‘the use of “in” is only use to mislead the gullible. It’s meaningless’

so meaningless you go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on 😉

kimbers

Steve Baker MP of the DExEU that produced the report having a ‘mare defending it in the commons earlier because it isnt to be believed, but it is, but actualy it is, err not

No wonder Davis didnt show up, he gets confused tying his own shoes these days, from the look of him

Twodogs

sorry about the duplicate posts…the link is probably worth reading three times tho 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So binners which bit are you missing?

The EU opens up with you can have an off-the-shelf solution

We reply, thank you, but as you know none of those suits out (or your) future needs. So we need to work on a new version

The EU – ssshhh, we know that but can’t tell the pesky minnows that, or they will be following you. So here’s the deal.  Keep it quiet and suck up Michel’s BS for a few months while we sort it out on the quiet

OK – mums the word.

Viewing 40 posts - 42,641 through 42,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.