Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • EU just plain stupid, no wonder people are voting UKIP
  • Sancho
    Free Member

just to set it out JY
    if you were to go to Pizza express they currently have olive oil in a glass bottle that has no branding on it. and its complimentary (free)
    now there have been no cases of disease caused by using this arrangement, and across europe where the practice is standard in all restaurants pretty much its the same – no outbreaks of disease from restaurant olive oilt containers.
    as of 2014 pizza express and all restaurants will have to replace all these bottles thay have not been a problem for decaded with specially made little bottles from where do you think? a few large olive oil producers. thus making more money for a few large corporations. and resolving a problem with hygiene and tampering that wasnt there.
    however the wholesale fraud regarding dilution of oil etc stems from the vague regulations regarding what can be called extra virgin or even from where it comes from and this happend due to the convoluted wholesale markets etc (the same as in the meat industry)

so who benefits? a few large producers of oil who will be able to manage the supply chain and bottling etc.

in my view.
    But as in Portugal where this has been law since 2006, it is not being enforced. so another pointless law

Junkyard
    Free Member

from where do you think? a few large olive oil producers. thus making more money for a few large corporations. and resolving a problem with hygiene and tampering that wasnt there.

Yes i understand why you think this will happen I have yet to hear why it will happen- again will it be impossible for anyone to do this but a few large corporations?
    Its not the argument i dont get i think it is unfounded

it is like claiming that bottling and labelling of wine is done just for the large corporations and small vineyards have disappeared under EU regulation – basically what you are saying is fear, paranoia, EU phobia and unlikely to transpire
    The law may or may not be a good one but that is another issue but the reasons stated are noble and it is not designed to do what everyone claims and nor do i think it will

however the wholesale fraud regarding dilution of oil etc stems from the vague regulations regarding what can be called extra virgin or even from where it comes from and this happend due to the convoluted wholesale markets etc

Right so they are both over regulating and under regulating

these guidelines would seem to be pretty comprehensive tbh
    If it is being abused it is fraud and one of enforcement but the rules are not vague – selling horse meat as beef was not due to vague rules but due to folk ignoring the rule s- it is like capitalist dont GAS and will do out for money.
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2012:012:0014:0021:En:PDF

Sancho
    Free Member

well the EU has changed it’s mind and now isn’t going to ban olive oil in jugs in restaurants etc etc

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

53 MILLION quid PER DAY just to be a member of the EU, time to cancel THAT direct debit i recon.

quartz
    Free Member

‘People are just plain stupid, no wonder they’re voting UKIP’ is the correct thread title.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘EU just plain stupid, no wonder people are voting UKIP’ is closed to new replies.