Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • eTrex 3 or Dakota 2?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Garmin Edge 2 for some years now after picking one up cheap when PC World were shifting them as end of line stock; it’s been great but now I fancy a change and something a bit better.

I’ve never used the training partner feature of the Edge, in fact I turned it off; it’s primary been used as a multi-field bike computer but I have followed routes via the ‘breadcrumb’ trail feature.

I’m pretty certain I don’t want one of the newer Edges and I’d like something with SatNav type functions; something that’s useable on a bike but would double up as a handheld would be ideal.

The eTrex 3 and Dakota 2 are similarly priced but I’m not too clear on the pros and cons of each; the Dakota has a bigger screen area which certainly is a plus point.

What would people recommend; any other recommendations would be welcome too; a lower end Oregon would also be in budget.

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve had a Dakota 20 for 4 years. A friend got a Etrex 30 last year. The etrex is a lot newer so has a better screen (better contrast) and longer battery life. Plus its not as bulky as the Dakota.

However, the Etrex is not touchscreen and the joystick thing is quite hard to use while riding.

I wonder when Garmin are going to replace the Dakota…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘eTrex 3 or Dakota 2?’ is closed to new replies.