Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Etihad Stadium – parking?
  • martinhutch

I’m the kind of plastic Man City fan who hasn’t seen them at home since they were at Maine Road. Taking the lad to watch them in the league cup tonight at the Etihad – are there any parking options handy for someone approaching from the Bury direction?

Also, if I wear my replica shirt from the double relegation glory days of the mid 1990s, will I be met with ridicule, pity, or both?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont worry the game will be full of plastic fans and you will fit right in

Garry_Lager

You could park at the metrolink in Bury? Don’t know how long it takes to get in, but it’s a fairly civilised way of getting to the game.

martinhutch

Thanks – that might be the way to do it. So you’d have to get one tram into Piccadilly and another one out to the Etihad?

crazy-legs

Thanks – that might be the way to do it. So you’d have to get one tram into Piccadilly and another one out to the Etihad?

Check the trams, they quite regularly cut the service altogether if there’s a match on due to the problems of overcrowding. Or running over drunken fans.
    Asda and Manchester Velodrome both put out parking attendants to prevent any unauthorised use of their car parks. There are a few industrial sites nearby that open up bits of wasteground and suchlike for parking, £5 or so. Traffic is usually dreadful though.

edward2000
    Free Member

edit – ignore what i said

MrGreedy

I’ve never been to the Etihad, but I always find this site useful when I’m planning away trips:
    http://www.footballgroundguide.com

Ripperdipper

We usually park on Lord N St (off Alan Turing Way) -10 min walk. Otherwise you can pay a fiver in Vermilion car park. Usually on the road pretty quickly afterwards – cut through to Oldham Road. trams look rammed after games..

martinhutch

Check the trams, they quite regularly cut the service altogether if there’s a match on due to the problems of overcrowding. Or running over drunken fans.

Sounds like the logical response to massive demand for public transport for a public sporting event.

Thanks for the warning. Will leave some extra time.

grizedaleforest

Some tips on parking in this discussion thread if you don’t fancy the metro.

martinhutch

Vermillion looks good. Don’t mind a walk.

Thanks all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Etihad Stadium – parking?’ is closed to new replies.