Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Etihad airlines – Any views?
  • Castrol
    Free Member

Looks like I have to fly with Etihad to Bangkok due to time restrictions and availability. Anyone any experience of them?

Thanks,
    Matt.

tails
    Free Member

think there alright, probably no alcohol (never used them) quickest airlines from london to bangkok are Thai, EVA, BA and Quantas.

andrewy33
    Free Member

We flew with Etihad on our honeymoon. Very good service on board and the plane was clean and not old and battered. TV's on the seat in front with a selection of tunes and films. On the other hand we flew with Thai this year the plane was a banger!!! with the one big screen at the front. Not good

can-uk
    Free Member

Etihad are very good. I fly with them all the time (and choose to). I think they are much better than Emirates.

And they definitely serve alcohol.

Highly recommended.

tails
    Free Member

there you go buddy sound good alot of these arab airlines have very nice interiors, just if you want non stop quickest then the 4 I posted do this, but you will pay a around £100 more.

afrothunder88

I got a very good deal (£270 return!) to fly Eithad to Abu Dhabi last year, it was by far the best experience on a plane I've ever had.

Interior was spankingly clean, very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They do serve alcohol on the flights. The selection of films, game, TV shows, music and other stuff on the seat back screen was excellent.

If only all airlines were like this.

Castrol
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. Looks like I'll be booking Etihad then. Normally fly Emirates from Birmingham as it used to be a fair bit cheaper than the competitors from LHR and was only 30mins up the road so made a lot of sense. Can't justify the difference in cost now though.

3rd trip to Bangkok this year and hopefully a couple more before the end of the year too.

Regards,
    Matt.

Castrol
    Free Member

Tails,

Only ever did 1 non stop and that was Thai and I hated it. Very little leg room (I'm 6'2") and no much room to have a walk around. The good thing about splitting the trip up is you get the opportunity for a decent walk around and stretch before you are cooped up again. I understand EVA direct is good though.

Regards,
    Matt

drain

Another vote for Etihad – they get voted best Business Class year in year out (glad I don't pay though!), and their standard class is amazing too. Very attentive staff, food and drink (inc. alcohol) is great. See if you can get their loyalty card if you're planning on doing more flying with them, as it is a generous one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Etihad airlines – Any views?’ is closed to new replies.