Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • E*thirteen cassette extender set up help?
  • ceepers

I’ve just spent the afternoon taking the old 3×9 off my mk3 soul and installing a 1×10 set up, it’s nearly working!

At the moment it will shift up to the cassette extender ok although with a bit of a clunk but it’s reluctant to shift back down onto the 36 afterwards. With the chain on the 42 the clearance between range cog, chain and jockey wheel seems exceedingly tight.

What am I missing?

Set up is zee shifter, 42 tooth e*thirteen cog extender, xt 11-36 cassette, 32 superstar chainring and a medium cage slx shadow plus clutch rear mech

chrishc777
    Free Member

Take the cog, place in bin, order oneup cog, fit and index

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Sounds like the top jockey wheel is too close to the cassette. Wind in the b screw. You may need a longer b screw. It’s a normal issue with expanders

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yep wind in the B screw, if it still doesn’t work take it out, remove the washer and then wind it all the way in.

However once set up you will find that it skips under heavy load (some people don’t seem to find this but it depends how much power you’re putting down and how much you weigh etc), this is a result of the badly designed shifting ramps pushing the chain up and over the sprocket.

ceepers

All sorted, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘E*thirteen cassette extender set up help?’ is closed to new replies.