Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Ethical bike theft?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

At least the kiddies are happy

What about the second lot of kiddies who had their bikes stolen?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It seems there are now 3 wrongs done to the other person (shed broken + two bikes taken) yet only 2 wrongs done to your friend (2 bikes taken) so presumably to even up the moral-mathematics, you just need to smash your friends shed up then everyones equally wronged and everythings fine?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Round here nothing gets stolen ever. Because being a proper “sink” estate, nobody takes a jobbie on their own doorstep. If anything was to get stolen, they would get it back pronto and the thief would get a wee message to say dont do it again.

donks
    Free Member

I don’t agree that its ok….however, mine were nicked recently and ive though that if I see them about instead of going to the police who may take days to attend if at all and will they actually look or just ask perpetrator “have you got this mans bikes?” then I would seriously consider following them home and nicking them back if they were obtainable. I know it,s not without risk but if the situation presents it’s self i’ll be very tempted.

joao3v16
    Free Member

donks – my neighbour did (something a bit like) this.

A mates BMX was stolen, he saw it outside the local Greggs, confronted the young lad who came out to it (who said he’d bought it for £20).

Neighbour stated it was stolen and took it off him & back to his mates.

This might have gone differently if dealing with an adult 🙂

binners

It’s NOT the wild west.

Molly – You’ve clearly never lived to Salford 6, Lower Broughton, Ordsall, Moss side, etc, etc, etc, etc

Actually… the wild west would be infinitely preferable to the feral, lawless vacuum that presently exists in places like this. Lofty morals rarely (if ever) stand up to the cold harsh realities of life in these places. If you think that the rule of law and ‘policing by consent’ is either applied, respected, or in some cases even acknowledged, as they are in leafy suburban cul-de-sacs then, I’m sorry, but that’s just the most hopeless naivete.

Different sets of rules apply. And if you don’t play by them, you won’t last 5 minutes!

Sandwich

they also use “instant” coffee…

Oh the humanity

donks
    Free Member

Have tried the confrontation method when i saw a fella on a work colleagues bike years ago…I chased him, caught him and demanded the bike back at which point he picked up a handy half brick and (ironically) his bike lock and came at me windmill style. I backed away and we had our selves a Mexican stand off. I had to let him go in the end (before mobile phones) and that was that…so I decreed that I would covertly follow the scally next time and then would have the option of call for back up..call police..or just fire bomb his house.

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly – You’ve clearly never lived to Salford 6, Lower Broughton, Ordsall, Moss side, etc, etc, etc, etc

You misunderstand.

It IS not the wild west, by virtue of not being west of the Mississippi and this not being the 19th century.

It may well be worse than the wild west, I am not disputing that. I am not as naive as you think.

What I am saying is that it should not be like the wild west. General lawlessness is not an excuse for lawlessness. It may be the reason, but it’s not an excuse.

If you think that the rule of law and ‘policing by consent’ is either applied, respected, or in some cases even acknowledged, as they are in leafy suburban cul-de-sacs

I don’t think that – obviously.

enfht
    Free Member

with money she recieved from our glorious benevolent government.

So your friend is a sponging benefit scrounger?

Why should the taxpayer pay for 2 bikes?

Best the two innocent kids don’t ride the two stolen bikes otherwise this will end in misery.

binners

So your friend is a sponging benefit scrounger?

Why should the taxpayer pay for 2 bikes?

You are Paul Dacre and I claim my 5 illegal immigrant, lesbian single mothers

Best the two innocent kids don’t ride the two stolen bikes otherwise this will end in misery.

True. they might be Islabikes? Imagine the whole Class Confusion issues? It’d take years of therapy to rectify. Imagine the disapointment when they end up getting sent to the local sink Comprehensive instead of the Grammar School Scholarship they were expecting? 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You are Paul Dacre and I claim my 5 illegal immigrant, lesbian single mothers

http://www.binnerstshirts.com

MrNutt
    Free Member

well Coyote, in short it’s a:

Scenario loosely based upon the Palestine/Israel conflict

well spotted geoffj, scaredypants, beej you all win extra internet points!

cheers for playing folks….

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ethical bike theft?’ is closed to new replies.