• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ethical battery disposal?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I Have eleven old small Li-MN batteries that I need to dispose of so I was wondering what my options were?
    I know all the big retailers & even some smaller ones have to offer a battery recycling scheme, but can they take these batteries?
    If not what can I do?

Cheers.

timba
    Free Member

Larger retailers must take back any type of sealed battery that can be easily carried by one person, e.g. not car batteries

Local council household waste site (the tip) as another option for all types

yetidave
    Free Member

some European law a couple of years back tried to ensure that any company producing more than a certain number of batteries have to take the batteries back to recycle them themselves. This is why some of the big supermarkets can do the recycling thing, as they just give them back to the wholesaler to deal with. We are buying about 1000 batteries a month currently, on a road project, which we just give back to the wholesaler to deal with.

Cougar

I’d sling them in the WEEE recycling at work.

Some council recycling schemes will collect them, or your local tip recycling centre should take them.

m360
    Free Member

I know all the big retailers & even some smaller ones have to offer a battery recycling scheme, but can they take these batteries?

Yes, they can.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ethical battery disposal?’ is closed to new replies.