Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ethernet Conflict!
  • jerseychaz

A mysterious issue has arisen! I have a PC connected via Ethernet to our Broadband Router (Orange France) which has been working fine. To provide our Gite guests with WiFi I’ve connected an aged Linksys Router/WAP to one of the other Ethernet ports – this works fine BUT the PC now loses the Internet connection. Obviously a conflict of some sort but where? Any ideas please….

rwamartin
    Free Member

Turn dhcp off on the linksys router?
    Ensure the subnet mask and default gateway are configured correctly.
    Set the channel to something different to the main router.

versence
    Free Member

Linksys should be in WAP mode i.e. not a router in order to avoid double NAT.

Probably need to assign it a manual management ip address outside the dhcp assigned range in order to manage it.

Then wired & wireless hosts will be assigned ip addresses from the Broadband router.

leffeboy

Have you connected the wan port of your linksys to your broadband router or one of the other ports? As long as it is the wan port all should really be ok. If it is the wan port then you might need to check that the linksys is getting the ip address on the wan port by dhcp rather than being static

Otherwise nafc

Cougar

DHCP enabled on both routers would be my guess.

Cougar

Also, you’ve got wireless isolation enabled, right?

jerseychaz

Cheers all. I’ll have a play tomorrow when our guest leaves and I can get back in the Gite.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I’d replace the original software with a dd-wrt version if theres a compatible version as its a bit more comprehensive when it comes to using/seting it up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ethernet Conflict!’ is closed to new replies.