Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Etape Cymru this morning was…
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

extremely well organised and seemed to run like clockwork. My thanks and congratulations to all those involved in organising the event. The route knocked the Etape Caledonia into a cocked hat.

Sorry to any Llandegla bound riders who were inconvenienced by the road closure.

(Yes I know this isn’t a roadie site, but there was a Singletrack presence on the Etape route).

tlr

Glad to hear it, rather better than last year then when it was simply terrible.

schnor
    Free Member

Well done to all who took part! It was me with the STW signs just past the first food station next to the cute goats 🙂

Seemed very well organised talking to a few people who I knew, I’ll definitely compete next year when I should finally have a road bike.

Rorschach
    Free Member

How do you compete in a sportive? 😉
    We rode out to the Ice Cream Factory to cheer on some proper riders doing a 220k audax (real riding).

carbon337
    Free Member

Some interesting articles about the etape events and how no money goes to charity are available online.

Think they are organised by the management company behind David Beckham and Michael Owen. Apparently Marie Curie get nothing from the entry fee.

Hope you enjoyed your day out though.

Cotters
    Free Member

How do you compete in a sportive?
    We rode out to the Ice Cream Factory to cheer on some proper riders doing a 220k audax (real riding).

Real riding – does that mean this isn’t ?? Some posters need a reality check.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

I’ve never been remotely interested in the charidee aspect of sportives, mate. I just enjoy a damn good thrash around on closed roads, for which I’ll happily pay anyone with the ability to organise it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Whereas some just need a sense of humour 🙄

Cotters
    Free Member

Which is my point – ridiculous to belittle a sportive or whatever :-0 we should support all aspects of our sport IMO.

Rorschach
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

Sadly a cycclist was hit by a car near bangor on dee and is in a serious condition according to bbc news, road closed while police investigate,

stever
    Free Member

I had a long ride out last weekend and kept seeing the Etape signs. Certainly no shortage of evil climbs 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

It was an extremely well put-together event, I had a great time (saw your signs, Schnor – cheers!).

Carbon327, I don’t enter these things to give to charity, I do it because I love riding bicycles with like-minded people rather than wasting time on internet trolls. So yes, I did enjoy my day out, thanks 😆

mec287
    Free Member

Schnor – was that you cheering like a mad thing next to a black and green specialized? If so – great stuff – it was good to see the STW signs. This was a supremely well organised event (and dare I say it) worth the steep entry fee – the amount of traffic management needed to keep the route clear (mostly) of traffic was huge and worked really well. This was a tough but exhilarating ride with fantastic scenery and some proper quick descents.

schnor
    Free Member

That was me, nice to have helped even a little bit 🙂

ASC
    Free Member

I can echo what the other participants have said, expensive but thought it was value for money. Tough climbs but eh those views were worth it.
    Schnor I did ask if you’d still be there cheering on my return…credit, you were. Have to say good crowd riding too, not too many prima donna types 😉

stever
    Free Member

My strava positions have taken a beating because of you lot!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Etape Cymru this morning was…’ is closed to new replies.