Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Etape Caledonia – start times
  • druidh
    Free Member

Anyone else got one yet?
    I’m 7:10 – rider number 916 (like the Ducati eh??)

waspie
    Free Member

7:22 start.
    rider no 1857

Suppose I’ll better stop eating the pies and start training…

druidh
    Free Member

Wave to me on your way past!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Rider no. 3651. start time 07:46. I’ll wave to you when I catch up 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

Rider no. 3651. start time 07:46. I’ll wave to you when I catch up

That’ll be about 8:00 or so

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nah I’m taking it easy at the start and not going solo off the front like I did in the Bealach Mor for the first 8 miles.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What seed time did you register? I put under 5:30 as under 4:30 was maybe a bit optimistic. Having looked at the event info booklet I must be one of the last groups to be setting off. In fact it says last group sets off at 7:44 but I’m 7:46. I would have thought the under 4:30 would have been the last groups to set off.

edit : just noticed on the map at the back that the 7:46 group is the last to set off.

waspie
    Free Member

I put under 5:30 as well. I presume loads have people must have put that time if the starts are staggered by about 20 mins.

Gary_M
    Free Member

On the plus side I can stay in bed a bit longer and have a nice breakfast.

druidh
    Free Member

I put in 4:30 to 5:30 too 😕 but I expect to be at the upper end of that, so the start time probably suits me. I should be just behind the fast guys at the start (need to be careful not to go off too quickly I guess) and should have lots of time to get around before the sweeper.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So I guess almost everyone put the 4:30 to 5:30 time then. Looks like I’ll have to go quite hard at the start to get away from the broom wagon.

Taz

7.28 for me. I said sub 4:30. Wonder what planet I was on at the time :?.

Still looks all a bit random to me

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone that did this event last year know how stringent the registration process is? I’ve been offered a place that a pal wants to take but booklet says photo id required at registration.

druidh
    Free Member

Gary – did you get an answer to this question? I’ve just heard of someone else in the same situation.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Etape Caledonia – start times’ is closed to new replies.