Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Et voila, mon Zesty nouveau…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Another new bike I'm afraid. Wasn't planning on buying one but had a demo and it stole my heart.

Two rides so far and I'm pretty sure it's the best bike I've owned.

It's a 214 with upgraded SLX/XT drivetrain, Revelation Team fork, Roval wheels and Easton carbon bar. Not amazingly light, but about 27.5lbs I reckon.

What do you reckon? Does the red saddle work or not?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Not sure on the red saddle but as long as you like the ride who cares. Been looking at these myself-what size is that?

nickegg
    Free Member

Get some Fox Floats (in white) on there and you're sorted.

Good choice BTW …..i'm loving my 514 and i even like the blue colour coding! Although i didn't at first.

I too think it's the best bike i've owned.

brakes
    Free Member

I don't normally like red bikes, but that looks nice, very nice

stratobiker
    Free Member

Oh la la la….. Extrement Sexy!

juan
    Free Member

remember most language put the adjective after the name 😉

Karinofnine

Nice, I like! The red saddle works. I hope you enjoy your new bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure about the bras on the washing line. 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

@juan – so Sexy! Extrement? 😯

sockpuppet

red bikes are faster

valleydaddy
    Free Member

nice upgrades I've got a 2010 314, I've put on mine so far talas 150mm forks, Bonty ti saddle, Thomson post, and I loves it, best bike I've ever had too.

have a look here for Lapierre forum

LOC

juan
    Free Member

strato not you the OP title…

stratobiker
    Free Member

@juan – Kewl!!! 🙂 I'm happy!!!! 🙂 I dunno why. Just am!

chakaping
    Free Member

Willy – Medium.

Nickegg – I almost had a white Rev Team on there. It looked sooooo good, but had to go for the U Turn one (which only comes in black). I'm a 20mm axle man, so Fox not an option.

I demoed the 514. Such a light, fast bike! I'd have got one myself if I hadn't found this 214 going really cheap.

Juan – Sorry, it's been more than 20 years since I learnt any Francais.

Karin – Been round Broxbourne on it this afternoon, makes the normal trails seem easier but more fun at the same time.

Valleydaddy – Sounds nice, the 314s look the best of the bunch (apart from the 714). Get some pix up!

nickegg
    Free Member

Fair enough on the Maxle. I found the Rev's on my old 5 too stiff (and heavy) and the 15QR on the Fox a great compromise.

I didn't plan on getting one before i'd sold my 5 but you know how it is….you go on holiday to North Wales and come back with 2 bikes instead of one! 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

Looks nice. What make of saddle is it? It's just that a friend of mine has got a Selle Italia Flite saddle in red and it has ruined a good pair of light coloured shorts as the dye comes off when the saddle gets wet.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Isn't nouveau one of the adjectives you put before the name?

Nouveau Zesty?

I like it. I think that's ok with the red saddle, but I wouldn't go putting any more red bits (or even a white fox fork – no)

runswithscissors

Stop spending all your cash on new bikes and get the mrs some new underwear to replace the grey stuff on the line!! (nice bike tho)

chakaping
    Free Member

Nick – I had one of the first Maxle Revs and it was well heavy, the 2010 ones are quite a bit under 4lb. Front end is really light and easy to pop over things.

Roter – It's a WTB Devo, ti rails (£30 from CRC bargain hunters) Cheers for the tip. Will avoid wearing white lycra on it for a while, just in case!

chakaping
    Free Member

Scissors – hahaha. It's the evening shadows making it look grey, honest. I'm glad she's not likely to read this though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Et voila, mon Zesty nouveau…’ is closed to new replies.