Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ESTA visa – travelling through LAX
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’m currently in NZ (landed on Wed) – I flew out via LAX so required an ESTA transit visa.

Do I need a new one for my return flight in 2 weeks time? The Air NZ website implies no;

An approved travel authorisation is valid for two years for multiple entries into the US for a maximum stay of up to 90 days or less per visit.

Can someone confirm that’s correct?

Thanks!

jam-bo

Yes. It’s a renewal every couple of years.

You’ll still have to queue for hours.

I got through Washington Dulles immigration in about 15 mins last week. I was really suprised.

Then my bags took nearly 45 mins to show up and another half hour to get through customs….

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ok cool, so i don’t need to get on the intertubes and get a new one then. phew.

LAX was an experience… never been to any airport so disorganised – we were shunted from queue to queue. how it’s one of the most important airports around and yet so hopeless is lost on me.

cp

Lax is the worst airport I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a few!

manvstarmac

Does LAX still block phone signals in the terminal? A friend due to collect me waited outside with no idea where I was when I got ‘referred to secondary’ at immigration there a couple of years ago.

Apparently I have the same first and last names as a number of people on their ‘list’ (my first and last names are very common but my middle name is unusual and my fingerprints are all my own). The interrogation consisted of being asked things like ‘Were you convicted of illegal gambling and gun running in Florida in 1984’ and replying ‘No’. Apparently a denial is all it needs.

The idea of an international airport blocking phone signals felt very creepy. I guess that’s how it always was pre ubiquitous mobile phones.

Mackem

Yet, with luggage they tell you to just dump it in a vague pile in the departure hall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ESTA visa – travelling through LAX’ is closed to new replies.