Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Essential iPad apps
  • dannybgoode

Usually an android person but even I’ll admit Apple do the better tablets.

That said I haven’t had an iPad for ages and having just bought a 10.5 Pro was wondering what the essential apps are these days.

Need a decent third party calendar and email app if one exists and then some photography and art ones.

Plus anything else people think I should look into…

Drac

Notability for taking notes work even better with the pen.

MyScript Calculator is pretty cool for maths.

Adobe Lightroom is pretty good for photos

Adobe Photoshop Sketch is pretty good but I crap at drawing.

dannybgoode

Nice – thank you. Yes I spunked out for the Pencil also.

Drac

It’s very good I grabbed mine on ebay works so very well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are you into music ?

Soundclouds a good shout.

zilog6128

Loads of great drawing/painting apps. I favour ProCreate. The Pencil is an amazing tool!

lunge

Outlook is a very good email app. Yes, I know it’s an MS product but it’s really good. It has a calendar too though I’m not sure how good it is.
    I still think Evernote is the best note taking app, though others will disagree.
    Chrome is a good browser, not an original choice but one that works well.

podman
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a month or so now, and I’m really pleased with it. Really enjoying Procreate for a bit of drawing and lettering – this, along with Affinity Photo (which I’ve not bought yet) were actually driving factors for buying the iPad (along with Zwift…).

I personally enjoy OneNote for note taking, it perhaps doesn’t offer the best iPad-only experience, but I find it’s cross-device capabilities excellent and make it far out-class the competition.

Lightroom is a bit of an (expected) disappointment – I would have hoped that by now Adobe would have managed to bring a bit more of the desktop functionality to the mobile experience in a nicer way. There was a recent redesign of the interface for the iPad (and Android tablets, I believe), but I’m not convinced that this has really improved matters. I’ve not had much time for photography over the last couple of years, but I’ve always been a big fan of Lightroom – I think the mobile experience now (mostly) matches what I would have liked to have seen in a mobile app 3-4 years ago.

DrJ

GoodReader for viewing and managing documents of all descriptions.

iPlayer, All4, NowTV, Netflix etc to taste

Snapseed for photo editing (jealous of those with new iPads that support Affinity)

Google Earth

dannybgoode

Thanks all. Will look into those. Procreate is on my list of software to buy for sure.

Ah yes – Zwift – was the main reason I spent the extra over the Galaxy Tab S3.

Plus given the A10X processor there’s clearly plenty of headroom for some truly killer apps.

zilog6128

Haha yeah Zwift was one of my main reasons for getting a pro too, much better than a laptop IMO!

Sandwich

BusyCal for the calendar. We use it with their (BusyMac) contacts app as a rudimentary CRM at work. The calendar app has a draggable divided for the all day section which is useful if you have a lot of all day stuff going on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

For simple photo enhancements try Enlight, and Instagram and FB and imgur…

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got an app called workflow which is genuinely amazing for certain things. Apple are presumably developing an iOS version of Automator which will do the same thing but until they do, it can solve all sort of niggles.

The YouTube app is great. And obviously Netflix.

What does the iPad Pro give you for Zwift that normal iPads don’t? Genuine question – I want to know what I need for zwift.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We use the Apple Mail and calendar apps, always have done and see no need for anything else.

CountZero

WeatherPro for weather forecasts, Flipboard for creating an aggregating magazine for lots of different news, the Notes app will now open from the lock screen for jotting down Notes with the Pencil, which are searchable, although I’ve not tried it yet; it’s a trick Apple seem to have missed by not putting the same facility on the new iPhones, I’m much more likely to have my phone handy to scribble a note down, than I am a bloody great 10.5” pad!

dannybgoode

What does the iPad Pro give you for Zwift that normal iPads don’t? Genuine question – I want to know what I need for zwift.

Nothing it’s just I wanted a tablet with decent pen support so that made it between the Galaxy Tab S3 the iPad Pro.

I think Zwift will run on pretty much any reasonably recent iPad from the mini 2 and original Air onward. Their website has a full list.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Essential iPad apps’ is closed to new replies.