Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Espresso machine dead – Gaggia Classic as replacement?
  • whatgoesup

My (Delonghi) espresso machine has started leaking after descaling it – might be fixable by a disassembly but maybe not and it’s a good excuse to look for a better machine anyway.

Is the current go-to affordable espresso machine still the Gaggia Classic? It’ll be a used one so is there anthing to look out for? Oh, I recall that the pre-Phillips ones were better regarded – is that still the case and if so how do you tell the difference?

sc-xc

I had a classic for a couple of years. I loved it, but it got tiresome if making more than one coffee.

I now have a delonghi bean to cup. Loads out there on special, and adjustable to taste. While not as authentic as the classic, for the 3 or 4 coffees I have a day, it’s perfect.

(disclaimer – I’m no expert. I like strong, black coffee. As long as it tastes better than instant, I’m broadly happy)

bear-uk
    Free Member

Heston blumenthal Sage in various guises.

whatgoesup

Those Heston Blumenthal machines are very shiny and lovely, but not at the affordable point I had in mind !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Espresso machine dead – Gaggia Classic as replacement?’ is closed to new replies.