Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • ESP Guitars
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have a pedalboard with Boss & TC stompboxes, but for times where I can’t be bothered to get it out, plug it in, etc. I use a Boss BR-80. It’s OK, but is sounding a bit dated now and the interface is a bit clumsy.

What would be really ace is something that had a similar form factor to the old Zoom 9002 that you could put on the guitar strap and had a nice PC/phone/tablet interface. Downloads for user submitted patches would be good too. That way for a quick twiddle, it’s nicely self contained on the strap with headphones plugged in.

No doubt someone will point me in the direction of something that already exists like this now!

plumber
    Free Member

Only practice amp that anyone really needs is the Yamaha THR10.

Does everything its supposed to and then a whole lot more.

Most importantly sound great and feels great without annoying the neighbours or your Mrs

Edukator
    Free Member

If you’re going to spend 300e then I suggest a proper amp and an even smaller mini amp if you really must have portability (which as you’ve got a guitar…). For the same money you can get a Mustang, Cube or Vox with 40-100W and a 12″ speaker which will allow you to play with a drummer on acoustic kit and a Thomann battery-powered mini amp.

You also need to practice at high volume. It’s the only way to get rigorous about muting unused strings and learning to cope with and use feedback.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The Fender Mustang I 20W seems a cracking little amp and 20 watts is plenty enough for home use £83 quid from Andertons.
    Damn this is going to cost me some money this habit!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A 1 watt amp is loud enough for playing at home.

plumber
    Free Member

I have one or the 1 watt marshall limiteds that goes down to .1 watt (actually 0.06 watts)

Its too loud for home if anyone else is in

THR10 – see above

One thing I’ve learnt in the past 5 years is spend equal or more on your amp as your guitar – irrespective of watts

A great amp is a thing of splendour that few people get to hear ion their full glory

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My most recent guitar purchase.
    Always wanted one.
    Plays and sounds great.

Inbred456
    Free Member

That is very nice. Is that one of the American made ESP’s? What pick ups?

mattrgee
    Free Member

+1 Yamaha THR10

durhambiker
    Free Member

Pedals, now there’s a way to burn through money. Although my current favourite pedal is one of the cheapest I’ve bought recently, the TC Spark Mini booster pedal.

Got a long wishlist though, just need those lottery numbers to come up…

Inbred456
    Free Member

I used to have a Boss digital delay pedal, that was a great pedal.

CaptainSlow

ESP are made in Japan (I think). LTD Korea.

Spend as much as you can on the amp. Don’t get hung up on wattage. A decent amp will sound good at low and high volumes.
    I’ve got 2 1 watt amps that I run through a 212 cab. They can get very loud. Focus more on whether the volume on it works well. My 50w valve amp also sounds great at low volumes. I use my 50w amp the most (at home).

The THR is a great suggestion. Start there and upgrade later 😉

You know you will 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Mine is a Japanese ESP. Has EMG pickups in it which are really really nice. Work well for a lot of kinds of music, not just metal.

I’d recommend the THR amps too. I have one in the house and use it all the time. You can also get some great results USB recording with it. I’ll put up a track I’ve done with it later, the guitars sound great.

I have some bigger amps for gigging, but the THR is just right for in the house.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘ESP Guitars’ is closed to new replies.