Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Escape to the Country – Dorset – Mountain Bike Style
  • oliverthepirate
    Free Member

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time poster! I work for the BBC One programme Escape to the Country (it’s likely on now. . . ), and the couple I’m filming this week in Dorset have expressed an interest in learning to ride (!) SO – does anyone know who might be best to approach about this? I’m looking for a guide and bike hire – the upside for guides/operators is that this is quite a popular daytime programme, and it’s generally a pretty good time too. Any pointers appreciated! Cheers, O

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

try getting in touch with Dorset Rough Riders – they run a beginner’s ride

DRR

dknwhy

Charlie the bikemonger is the shop to contact. Having accidently seen the show before, I’d say ditch your couple and hang out with Charlie for the day. Will be much more entertaining tv.

bspoked
    Free Member

Just DIY SOS. Mountain Biking is all about Location, Location. Find a nice place in the sun. Don’t have any grand designs and you’ll stumble on some amazing places and hidden villages.

oliverthepirate
    Free Member

Cheers all – some good leads there! Though I have to contend with a Ritchey frame sale at Charlie’s now

richardthird

I think Charlie does bike hire too so defo go to him.

We don’t do bike hire but we’ll guide anyone anywhere.

Steve does training courses locally.

Cheers

Dave

Chairman DRR

scud
    Free Member

Def. Charlie, loads of local knowledge, look at his routes for the Dorset Gravel Dash, some stunning scenery when we rode it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Welcome 🙂

Escape to the Country (it’s likely on now. . . )

It’s bl00dy always on 😉

charliedontsurf

Thanks for the recommendations folks.

Aha… that was a fun day out on fat bikes, and 29+. We were totally ripped off by a coastal mist, started in great sunshine, massive views and then… thump, cold n damp.

The OP Oliver is A cool guy, knows his mountianbikes. I lent him a Jones plus for the day.

I understand it’s being broadcast in May ish.

dknwhy

Good stuff. Do I get a prize for being the first to recommend you for that free TV coverage?! 😉

charliedontsurf

@dknwhy…. yeah sure. Email me your address and I will send something groovy.

dknwhy

charlie the bikemonger – Member

@dknwhy
    …. yeah sure. Email me your address and I will send something groovy.

Cheers Charlie, but I was only messing with you. Glad it worked out.

jamj1974

Good stuff all round it seems!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Escape to the Country – Dorset – Mountain Bike Style’ is closed to new replies.