Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)
  • ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!
  • bearnecessities

No more is your choice of dirty supermarket snack limited to crappy pork pies and questionable scotch eggs.

Ready.
    Cooked.
    Cumberland.
    Effin.
    Sausages.

Why it’s taken until 2017 to produce this, plus the fact they were stuck in the middle of raw meat products are questions I’ll chose to ignore.

(Apols for the slightly CFH thread title).

Drac

Ready cooked sausages have been around for years.

bearnecessities

Well sod me, it’s Drac everyone to put a dampener on a post.

zippykona

Do they do caramelised red onion ones?

Drac

So sorry for pointing out that you’ve only just noticed something.

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZcE69_5a8[/video]

Sandwich

Also in a CFH stylee. ASDA? Delete your account now!! The staff provide sausages on demand at Sandwich towers.

thepurist

Wow, imagine a world where you could buy a cooked sausage wrapped in pastry. Can we dream of such a thing?

slowoldman

It would never catch on.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Since their price has been rolled back to the same as some halcyon wonder-era of British sausage consumption (terriers running down streets dragging strings of sausages being chased b boys in flat caps with a stick and hoop I imagine), I think they’ve been around for longer than just 2017

bearnecessities

Drac – Moderator
    So sorry for pointing out that you’ve only just noticed something.

Right, low quality rant.

We’ve plenty of folk that publicly flounce, and I suspect more that just leave without being noticed (because they just read rather than post crap) simply stop visiting here. An assumed amount of them were subscribers, so a loss of revenue to the place.

The reasons that people stop visiting could be varied, but I bet your arse that a huge percentage of people stop visiting this forum because it’s not enjoyable any more. Because that’s all any of us want; a bit of a chuckle, healthy debate, or just to learn something new.

When the contributions, especially from prolific posters, are just unpleasant topics, putting people down or killing any attempt at jovial threads with their awesome facts…well the place just shrivels up a little more and people that are just after some easily consumed ‘fun’, just disappear.

So sure, go googling about when cooked sausages were first available in the UK, and I’ll be thwarted. The fact is though that no matter what the topic, you seem to try to put the poster down, belittle them or on the rare occasion you’re not doing that, promote your own car/job/sodding Northumberland.

Nobody likes being put down, so why do it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

U ok Hun?

You seem sad. Here’s a picture of a doggy. He loves sausages.

wallop

I have never seen ready cooked sausages before. Only cocktail sausages (which don’t count) or pepperami.

This is great.

GregMay
    Free Member

Going to side with bearnecessities on this one.

One of the reasons I frequent this place less and less is due to the regulars becoming more and more full of themselves.

Perchy – nice dog. Looks sad from your pointless posting.

I believe the term /flounce is due

Enjoy yourselves, I’m off somewhere more entertaining.

tomhoward

Pepperami isn’t cooked, it’s cured (like salami, chorizo etc)

What do you do in that minute to make them delicious? Buy nice sausages?

#hugz4bearz

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bear’s title game is strong.
    😆

This is the only place I’ll buy sossidges, however.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bear, I like ye bud.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nobody likes being put down, so why do it.

Sorry Rich, I once mocked your very nice watch in threads gone by. 😀 I’m just miserable and can’t help it!

wallop

Good point, tomhoward!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

killing any attempt at jovial threads with their awesome facts.

About 17% of food-related asphyxiations in the US are caused by hot dogs.

The OP is encouraging the asphyxiation of your children, you should be very worried.

Can the OP confirm that the diameter of these sausages mean that they are asphyxiation risk-free?

Drac

Well there you go.

I wasn’t putting you down or not intentionally I was pointing out that the item you spotted it is not new. I didn’t see that it was meant as humour, sorry if it caused you offence and hope you enjoy your bangers.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perchy – nice dog. Looks sad from your pointless posting.

Au contraire, every single post I make has a point.

Mostly that point is my own selfish and puerile amusement, but, let’s be honest, that’s pretty much all I care about.

scaredypants

what you need to reduce asphyxiation risk is a hole through the centre of the obstruction

As ever, the US has your back on this one

sirromj

jonnyboi

Careful bear, Tom wants to know the diameter of your sausage

funkmasterp

You had me at fire grilled to be honest.

wwaswas

You had me at fire grilled to be honest.

although it’s turning into more of a flaming, tbh.

robowns
    Free Member

I know there’s a load of haterz on here, but these are genuinely decent enough to make a nice sandwich.

revs1972
    Free Member

Cooked sausages- not new
    Cooked Cumberland sausage – new ( as per the writing on the box)
    Therefore OP is quite correct in his observations.

Sorted

scaredypants

Anyhow, some questions for the bear

How do they taste?
    Are you planning a farewell review posting of whatever unspeakable near-food you might have found on the same shopping trip? Aerosol* Spam or something, maybe
    [video]http://youtu.be/iS2N1mBsEdM[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

This thread is turning into a sausage party.

Just like always.

scaredypants

sausage party

You want a different perspective Perchy ?

Drac

I don’t think you can call them Cumberland sausage, they should be curly and made in Cumberia from Cumberland pig meat.

sirromj

deadkenny
    Free Member

Welcome to 2014 😛

Wall’s launches ‘ready baked’ sausage range

I guess they’re marginally better than these

http://www.barelyedible.co.uk/2012/02/walls-microwave-sausages-review/

tl;dr outcome of the review is basically what you’d expect 😉

For a minute or two longer, get yourself proper butcher sausages and use a grill or pan 😛

Sandwich

I’m generally a nice sandwich. I’m not made of sausages though.

teasel
    Free Member

The fact is though that no matter what the topic, you seem to try to put the poster down, belittle them or on the rare occasion you’re not doing that, promote your own car/job/sodding Northumberland.

Have to agree and it actually pisses me off, but he’s a mod so you can’t really do owt about it, can you. Besides, I think his intention is to be amusing or come across as intelligent or something – I really shouldn’t guess TBH, but unless he gets kicks from getting to folk then he probably isn’t aware he’s coming across like that.

It kinda makes sense that he responded so badly when he thought I was attempting to belittle him when you think about projection and all that.

The mind, oh the mind…

billysugger
    Free Member

Totally agree with the points made on the last page about that mod guy being a fun sponge in the name of technically being correct.

Haven’t posted on here for a while because of the general negativity, the only people who seem to have nice things to say about this forum are the ones who have engineered themselves into the clique.

The only thing that makes me come back is the very faint chance that there will be an interesting topic pop up containing posts from a username I’ve never seen before or haven’t seen for a long time. Other than that it’s just 99% people who I imagine love the sound of their own voice or have to live with some such person and come on here to vent their frustration.

I will not be looking on here again for a while because the minority is bringing me down, so if you’re that whitty chap that’s deciding which part of my grammar you should pull me up on by using somebody elses gif in a post that contains the word ‘flounce’ that’s already been used on here 375,458,880 times, save it.

There has never been a community of people who should pay more attention to this saying as STW..

It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice.

Drac

The fact is though that no matter what the topic, you seem to try to put the poster down, belittle them or on the rare occasion you’re not doing that, promote your own car/job/sodding Northumberland.

Well that’s not exactly true I do be supporting in threads. Promote my car? Well I speak about the one I have/had when people have asked for a recommendation or experience of the model I had. Promote my job? Oh you mean mention a TV programme I watch or provide an insight into when people have asked the subject. Nothumberland is rubbish.

So there’s 3 subjects you’ve picked I have a knowledge in not really surprising I talk about them then really is it.

Have to agree and it actually pisses me off, but he’s a mod so you can’t really do owt about it, can you. Besides, I think his intention is to be amusing or come across as intelligent or something – I really shouldn’t guess TBH, but unless he gets kicks from getting to folk then he probably isn’t aware he’s coming across like that.

You can you can report it or do what you’ve done and point it out. It’s usually humour that doesn’t always work I guess or is missed in the context. My intention isn’t to come across intelligent, I stuggled at school and worked hard as I have dyslexia which held me back at school so I never try to be intelligent as I hate to appear to mock people having been in that scenario myself. Yup no kicks either just sometime badly written or people take it the wrong way or I miss what their post is about. I had no idea the OP was making a joke I genuinely thought he was ecstatic at the news of ready cooked sausage. That’s a flaw of my dyslexia at times, I read things to literal and miss what people or saying, even read them as the opposite of the point they are making. See the Apple thread the other day.

Totally agree with the points made on the last page about that mod guy being a fun sponge in the name of technically being correct.

FFS! I missed the joke. 🙄

pitduck
    Free Member

for the fist time i find my self agreeing with bear, smug and self righteous mods are not needed,please tell us again how massively important you are..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!’ is closed to new replies.