Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Erm… New Danny MacAskill video
  • AlexSimon

I’ll leave you to decide:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV0zxgDZUhI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

toby1

Pub based concept that worked better after a beer than it did on video?

Love the powerslide trick though.

cokie

Meh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bencooper
    Free Member

Hmm. Jumped the shark I think. His earlier films were amazing scenery and tricks that actually made your jaw drop, not so much this.

Macavity
    Free Member

bikeneil
    Free Member

Lots of fill in fluff and a bit of bike riding. Meh.

iolo
    Free Member

Great to see someone having fun and doing something different.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

😐
    Nah, I’d rather just see the skills without the theatrics.

spacemonkey

Most of his videos I’ve watched multiple times. Won’t be doing so this time.

rhayter

Strangely, it’s quite boring. The bar has been raised by Kriss Kyle, and this falls a rather short.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

I could watch his videos from Edinburgh and Glasgow on repeat but this was just, well, boring.

AlexSimon

The bar has been raised by Kriss Kyle, and this falls a rather short.

Actually, that ‘Kaleidoscope’ didn’t appeal to me either.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Looked like they were having a laugh, but I only made it about halfway through.

somafunk

I wasn’t that impressed with it but i do know an 8yr old who’ll watch it on repeat till his iPad battery runs out then he’ll be outside on his bike believing he’s Danny MacAskill so i guess it will more than satisfy the target audience

GrahamS

Well made me laugh in a few bits, but the news report bit wrapped around it was painful and pointless.

pjbarton
    Free Member

it’s worth watching for the tippy toes on keyboard alone! nearly spat my coffee!

newsreader might not be on a fastback to hollywood though.

roverpig

Wow, you’re a tough crowd. I thought it was great. Lots of humour, some creative bits and some awesome skills. What’s not to love.

copa
    Free Member

This has the sugary sweet stench of bored people in marketing meetings. The smell of Red Bull.

bencooper
    Free Member

it’s worth watching for the tippy toes on keyboard alone! nearly spat my coffee!

Yes, it’s vaguely amusing, but that bit broke the illusion. The point is mean to be the incredible riding, and since that bit was obviously faked then it makes you wonder about the rest of it.

wombat

bencooper – Member

Yes, it’s vaguely amusing, but that bit broke the illusion. The point is mean to be the incredible riding, and since that bit was obviously faked then it makes you wonder about the rest of it.

Me too.

I liked the slide over the table and remount the bike bit but would like to see it at full speed, not slowed down.

GrahamS

since that bit was obviously faked then it makes you wonder about the rest of it.

I think the helicopter may have been some terribly clever special effects too. 😉

I liked the slide over the table and remount the bike bit but would like to see it at full speed, not slowed down.

They show three separate full-speed takes of it during the credits @6:45

chrisdw
    Free Member

It was obviously meant to be a bit of a laugh. Does it need to be taken so seriously?

Maybe they thought there’s been a lot of videos recently showing off the riding, and decided to do one that was a bit more ‘fun’.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can see that appealing to a German Audience 😆

matt_outandabout

I lol’d.

They are amazing riders.

wombat

They show three separate full-speed takes of it during the credits @6:45 [/quote]

Thanks for that Graham, have now watched the credits 😳

allfankledup

I couldn’t do the stuff they were…..

I thought it was cheesy – and good fun, powerslide was excellent!! (Oblig. Bill and Ted content).

Not the norm, but some good riding and entertaining.

yunki
    Free Member

Loved his earlier stuff.. I don’t think I’m the target audience for this though

andysredmini
    Free Member

Miserable bunch.
    Just take it for what it is. Blokes messing around on bikes. After all that’s all any of us are doing. No need for serious all the time.
    I enjoyed it.

tomhoward

I think the helicopter may have been some terribly clever special effects too.

I think Danny’s hair was faked too. And he was lip sync’ing. Frankly I don’t think they were even riding bikes.

Why do bike vids have to be so serious? Have we all gone so far up our own bottom brackets that we’ve forgotten classics like the Martins ‘tricks and stunts’ video?

ads678

I enjoyed it, probably won’t watch it again but was fun and a bit different, so good, IMO.

hooli

I enjoyed it, riding bikes and taking the p%$£ out of themselves at the same time.

zinaru
    Free Member

i personally think that danny’s scottish videos are almost works of art – the landscapes, the filming, the music and of course the riding. almost every frame is a poster id happily put on my wall (if i still did that sort of stuff)

i suppose the question is were to take it to next and stuff like this probably draws in people that may not be coming from a ‘biking angle’. its just an attempt to attract a bigger general public audience.

its not a bad thing in the grand scheme of things (as it leads to bikes) but this video is the second one I’ve seen to the last few days by ‘hairy’ bike blokes that I’ve thought – ‘mmmh, you’ve done better’

bencooper
    Free Member

People have different opinions shocker 😉

I like having fun on bikes. I like watching people doing amazing things on bikes. That bit on The Ridge where he dies a forward flip over the fence made my jaw drop.

flannol
    Free Member

Pretty rad riding. Kinda cool they’re doing something different – I mean, they had to?

plumber
    Free Member

Include the rather excellent Aldo Nova (not one of my favourite tunes of his though) on sound track duties

Now that’s an eighties throwback

kayla1
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, and I also enjoyed the music. There, I said it. Somebody had to 😆

dragon
    Free Member

Danny Mac is struggling for ideas there.

Think I prefer Vittorio Brumotti currently.

sirromj

Too much naff rock sheet.

benji
    Free Member

As a piece of entertainment it worked for me.

roverpig

Nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that it’s basically a promo video for the Drop and Roll tour.

http://dropandrolltour.com/

Or was that so obvious that it didn’t need mentioning 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Erm… New Danny MacAskill video’ is closed to new replies.