• This topic has 111 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Eric "the mans man" Bristow
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“Eric, you require (p)45”

Vile pig of a man

martinhutch

It’s shocking really. What is darts if not a sport steeped in the egalitarian ethic of modern liberal Britain?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully he is no longer welcome at any of his usual hang outs.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Always thought he was a bit of a ****t!

Nico
    Free Member

So, are we all agreed that the Crafty Cockernee is not the liberal we once took him for?

kimbers

Tommy Mair got 25000 people offering him tweets of support as a ‘Hero’ for killing Jo Cox
    …is just awful. I find it hard to get my head around those type of people; the absence of empathy.

we had the brexiters and the press doing there very best to demonise immigrants and refugees at the time, theyve been emboldened by the toxic atmosphere thevote created and the hate crimes that increased after, another example

thankfully Bristow’s comments have been given the short shrift they deserve,

tpbiker
    Free Member

Might be a looney but if some football coach was touching me when i was a kid as i got older i would have went back and sorted that poof ou

Was this all he said? Or was there more?

I got the impression he was calling football players soft for not sorting out the abuser, which can perhaps be implied from that tweet, but in isolation that tweet is not as bad as has been made out. I reckon many macho blokes on the street who haven’t been the victim of abuse may think the same…

jimjam
    Free Member

kimbers

we had the brexiters and the press doing there very best to demonise immigrants and refugees at the time, theyve been emboldened the toxic atmosphere the
    vote created and teh hate crimes that increased after, another example

thankfully Bristow’s comments have been given the short shrift they deserve,

Hey wouldn’t it be grate if there was a thread where people could discuss all this “brexit stuff” and therein they could make unhelpful sweeping generalisations about everyone who voted they way they would have voted, had they actually voted, call them racist, xenophobic child molestation endorsing bigots and in doing so we can deepen the trench between political views, shut down real debate. Isn’t that a great idea? Someone should start a thread.

DezB
    Free Member

…or 3

convert

I always thought Bristow had a whiff of Saville about him. A sort of sleaze that makes you shudder. Doth he protest too much?

kimbers

Hey wouldn’t it be grate if there was a thread where people could discuss all this “brexit stuff” and therein they could make unhelpful sweeping generalisations about everyone who voted they way they would have voted, had they actually voted, call them racist, xenophobic child molestation endorsing bigots and in doing so we can deepen the trench between political views, shut down real debate. Isn’t that a great idea? Someone should start a thread.

brexiters are child molesters?

well I wouldnt go that far !!

danradyr1
    Free Member

Well said Jimjam, I get annoyed when everything gets turned into Brexshit opinions…

As for Bristow, what a horrible vile man.

doris5000

Was this all he said? Or was there more?

I got the impression he was calling football players soft for not sorting out the abuser, which can perhaps be implied from that tweet, but in isolation that tweet is not as bad as has been made out. I reckon many macho blokes on the street who haven’t been the victim of abuse may think the same…

yeah there was plenty more and it’s all out there ponline. he’s deleted the tweets now but they referred variously to wimps, real men, etc etc.

PePPeR

The trouble is there’s a lot of people who think like him, but people are having to be PC and keep their mouths shut and their opinions in the closet.

Hence why when people can do something like vote behind a closed ballot, people like Trump and Farage, get votes.

It’s why a lot of the opinion polls are getting it so drastically wrong, in a poll people tell the polsters what they want to hear!

CountZero

brexiters are child molesters?

well I wouldnt go that far !!
    😯 🙄

pb2

Eric Bristow is as thick as brick and no where near as useful. The thing that concerns me is he felt it ok to tweet what he did. He must mix with some right toxic idiots 🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

wilburt
    Free Member

In these circumstances I try to look at what the persons intentions were rather than how inappropriate their use of words may be.

Harry_the_Spider

I bet there is some tension in the air over the Mr & Mrs Bristow’s dinner table tonight as he has choked off his income stream.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

He’s on the tellybox in the morning with Piers Morgan, that’ll be interesting.

teasel
    Free Member

Article in a local newspaper about a Syrian refugee family who had been settled locally. A year since arriving. Real success story. Good news tale. These were some of the comments on the article

Again, I can’t get my head around the viewpoint of those comments. It appears so undeveloped and backward-thinking but I have a feeling it’s so much more than that.

PrinceJohn

The trouble is there’s a lot of people who think like him, but people are having to be PC and keep their mouths shut and their opinions in the closet

In what way is not being misogynist, racist politically correct?

TimothyD
    Free Member

It isn’t politically correct, it’s just ‘being decent’ as a person.

lunge

The trouble is there’s a lot of people who think like him, but people are having to be PC and keep their mouths shut and their opinions in the closet.

Hence why when people can do something like vote behind a closed ballot, people like Trump and Farage, get votes.

It’s why a lot of the opinion polls are getting it so drastically wrong, in a poll people tell the polsters what they want to hear!
    This is worryingly accurate IMO. I’m not for one minute defending them but there are a lot of people, dare I suggest white, male people primarily, who are not happy about a world that is changing to give others the rights and freedoms they’ve always enjoyed. They feel ignored and not listened to so when Trump or Farage talk their language they get voted for. It’s crap and rather worrying but it’s happening.

Bristow is a moron but I’d suggest he won’t be without some support in his view.

maccruiskeen

I suggest white, male people primarily, who are not happy about a world that is changing to give others the rights and freedoms they’ve always enjoyed.

Its not rights or freedoms – its privilege. People are afraid of losing their privilege – possibly because they suspect they haven’t earned it.

project
    Free Member

as above there are quite a few village idiots who also share his views, it didnt happen to them, they of course wouldnt let it happen to them by a person in power over them, but it did to quite a few lads, it altered their lives their relationships, their way of life, and only by a few speaking out will more speak out about those wrongs inflicted on themselves.

for that reason Bristow YOURE FIRED.

lunge

Its not rights or freedoms – its privilege. People are afraid of losing their privilege

You’re right, better word than I came up with.

And I don’t envy politicians who are stuck between doing the right thing in eroding this privilege but at the same time alienating a large part of the people who vote for them. Then someone comes along and says they’ll make a Britain/USA great again (for those who feel they’re losing their privilege) and they get voted in.

It’s horrible.

frankconway

Bristow’s comments are loathsome and he is an odious individual but, regrettably, is representative of a
    proportion of the UK population; to be more specific, the english population and a proportion which is more than many would wish to acknowledge.
    Remove the oxygen of publicity from Bristow and others – and terminate any/all media contracts.
    This will not remove the vermin or eliminate their views but it will be a start.

I have little doubt that he will have said Brexit is, in part, about reclaiming control of our own laws but when asked to state which laws he is particularly concerned about…….adopt the goldfish facial expression – mouth opens and closes but no words emerge, eyes blink blankly, no answer, don’t understand the question.

Eric, why don’t you just stick the dart into your eye and let us enjoy you?

Rich_s

He’s on the tellybox in the morning with Piers Morgan, that’ll be interesting.

That the Piers Morgan with the famed sense of right and wrong?

Turn *off*.

zippykona

Ooh trumpy will be upset that he offered nigel the job when there is clearly a better candidate around.

Wookster

“I’m not even going to address the many reasons these tweets are wrong. I’ll just say ignorance is no excuse for this idiocy,” Moore

Classy response, from Moore I thought.

shadowrider
    Free Member

frankconway – Member
    Bristow’s comments are loathsome and he is an odious individual but, regrettably, is representative of a
    proportion of the UK population; to be more specific, the english population and a proportion which is more than many would wish to acknowledge.
    Remove the oxygen of publicity from Bristow and others – and terminate any/all media contracts.
    This will not remove the vermin or eliminate their views but it will be a start.
    I have little doubt that he will have said Brexit is, in part, about reclaiming control of our own laws but when asked to state which laws he is particularly concerned about…….adopt the goldfish facial expression – mouth opens and closes but no words emerge, eyes blink blankly, no answer, don’t understand the question.
    Eric, why don’t you just stick the dart into your eye and let us enjoy you?

I would happily watch him stick a dart in his eye, but what has brexit got to do with anything that Bristow said.

Klunk
    Free Member
    lunge

To be fair, he’s going to find his revenue stream drying up very quickly, getting as much as he can now before it dries completely is not his worst idea…

Still a scrum bag mind you.

danradyr1
    Free Member

Bristow wanted £5k for a BBC interview this morning, which thankfully they refused. What a man….

franksinatra

“I know why I’ve been vilified but if one child comes forward quicker or one abuser thinks twice about the likelihood of being confronted then it will have been worth it.”

ah, he was just thinking about the kids welfare all along. Bless.

franksinatra

Bristow wanted £5k for a BBC interview this morning, which thankfully they refused

and then he appears on ITV. Did they pay him?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh, glad I missed the 70’s in the UK..

What a class of homegrown nob.

verses

“I know why I’ve been vilified but if one child comes forward quicker or one abuser thinks twice about the likelihood of being confronted then it will have been worth it.”

ah, he was just thinking about the kids welfare all along. Bless. [/quote]

I know I’m possibly making the mistake of over-thinking it, but how does he think belittling the people who’ve, very publicly, come forward, will encourage victims to come forward?

surfer
    Free Member

Bristow wanted £5k for a BBC interview this morning, which thankfully they refused. What a man….

Do they pay any guests and do they publicise what and who they pay?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Eric "the mans man" Bristow’ is closed to new replies.