Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ergon grips, AM bikes and dropping saddles?
  • As a sufferer of numb hands, I’m considering some Ergons.

Who uses them and do you still find they are suitable if you have the saddle slammed for techy DH – i.e. change of hand position?

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I used to use them, and I really liked them for long XC rides… but I found that they were a nuisance on steeper stuff as they made rotating my wrists uncomfortable. Now that I have a shorter/wider set-up on my bike I don’t have the same numb wrist issues, even on really epic journeys – so for me some adjustments to my set-up made all the difference.

PrinceJohn

Have you tried the specialized gloves with the ulner nerve pads? They could help… & not make your bike look quite so special…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I lasted 1 ride with them as I had nothing to swap them for. Utter pain in the hands FOR ME. YMMV (won as a prize)

Decent grips the right thickness and getting the position right was much better.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve used them on all my bikes for years, including AM bikes and at Mega Avalanche.
    If you set them up correctly, they are not a problem even on steeper stuff.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said and I use a dropper

Shame they are so expensive to try out as they seem a bit marmite

nick1962
    Free Member

I use the Superstar ones and droppers on all my bikes,no probs.Plenty of cheaper alternatives to the Ergon ones (from £5.00 on ebay)to try out to see if they suit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ergon grips, AM bikes and dropping saddles?’ is closed to new replies.