Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ergon Grips
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve sorted a flat-bar roadbike/hybrid thingy for commuting on, I reckon a set of bar ends will do wonders for varying hand positions.

Looking at the price of a decent set of bar ends and then sone single ring lock-ons or slide on grips, are the Ergon grips that have integrated bar ends and those funky hand rest bits on them worth it?

mtbfix

Other than the GC3 all their ‘bar-ends’ are too small for my tastes. I have plumped for normal grips and seperate bar-ends. If you can find any Onza CWA ends they are fantastic, if a bit old skool. I’ve got EC90s now and love them. Pricey though.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the missus runs the latest GR2 combis which are quite funky but as ^^ says, the bar ends aren’t long enough for the extended position you need on the road.

On my commuter I run std Ergon GX1 grips and BBB carbon fibrelight bar ends, with Lizard Skins covers. A good three hand positions (I only have two hands…) and work a treat. I’ve also used Titec carbon bar ends which are similar – flatter on top and angled in further.

http://www.dotbike.com/productsP6606.aspx

ton

like mtbfix say’s, the barends are too small.
    i just changed to bbb barends and flat bars on my new tourer.
    gonna try esi chunky grips, i normally use ergon grips without the barend.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Check out the Spesh ergonomic grips too. Just as comfy I find for much less cash. Don’t tell anyone but I’ve just bought some of the girlie grips to try out (narrower and thinner than the real man ones, which I prefer).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ergon Grips’ is closed to new replies.