Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ergon grip size
  • transapp
    Free Member

Ive decided I’m going to get a pair of Ergons (with bar ends) but can’t decide which width to go for. I’m a large in gloves, but with padding on the palms, I tend to use quite thin grips, currently some charge ones.
    Anyone got some advice? Sadly try before I buy isn’t an option as nowhere near me has them in stock

cinnamon_girl

I use the Large size but I don’t have girlie-sized paws! I can measure mine if that helps?

stratman
    Free Member

Wheelbase had both sizes, so my wife felt both. She has medium sized hands (large in gloves) and chose the small. She loves them.

I’d go and try some

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    transapp
    Free Member

If you could let me know the diameter of the non flared bit, that’d be ace. I think I’d want a large, but want to be sure before forking out.

TiRed

I have small hands – 8.5cm across the palm (fingers only). I have a small and a large size. The small is a MUCH better fit to be honest. I bought the large first before realizing the came in two sizes 😳

EDIT:

Circumferences are:
    LARGE = 11cm
    SMALL = 9.5cm

cinnamon_girl

I just happen to have a pair lying around but the bar ends are metal and the diameter is 3cm exactly. The length is 14cm ie straight line from end to end of bar end, if that makes sense?

transapp
    Free Member

are those large or small CG?

cinnamon_girl

Large but they are some years old. I’ve replaced them with the ones that have a rubber finish on the bar end.

ratherbeintobago

See if you can find a glove sizing chart – I take medium MTB gloves and 7.5s at work. Ergon suggest small if <size 8.5, and large above this.

GX series grips (if you can find them) only came in one size; these have been superseded by the GS series grips.

Andy

cinnamon_girl

Interesting! Just been digging around for my dressmaker’s tape measure and the circumference is definitely 10cm.

Edit: my new ones are the GS2, ie non-carbon.

If it helps I can remove one from my ss and measure?

cinnamon_girl

These are the ones I measured as they were lying around:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ergon-grips-gp2-standard-large-previoulsy-gc2/

TiRed

Mine are GP1’s measured roughly with a Stanley tape measure. Either yours are one size or a Small. I think you’d notice the Large. I find them uncomfortable to hold with my less than manly delicate paws!

transapp
    Free Member

OK, I’ve just measured my current grips, my small ones are 9.3cm dia and large ones are 10.2cm dia. I’ll be after the smaller Ergons I think. Turns out I have girlie hands!
    Thank you all for you help.

Edit – and I’ve found a shop in town that sells them. I must have been blind the last time I was in there!

cinnamon_girl

Glad to have been of help!

Have you looked on the Classifieds, they do sometimes come up as some folk just don’t get on with them.

transapp
    Free Member

I’ll do some hunting. Cheers CG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ergon grip size’ is closed to new replies.