• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ergon Ge1 grips… Any users?
  • renton
    Free Member

Just wondering if any of you use the Ergon grips and if so do the live up to expectations?

Cheers

Steve

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Not sure what your expectations are but I’ve been using GE1 and now GD1 grips. GD1 grips have really helped with finger pain I was getting when DHing. I found GE1 grips really comfortable after a bit of faff setting them at the right angle. For both I much preferred the ‘Slim’ versions.

russyh
    Free Member

As above, I really rate them. I prefer the slim version also despite having big hands!

poah
    Free Member

I’ve got the slim version on mine and my son’s bikes. really happy with them and they suit his small hands

renton
    Free Member

Thanks both.

Im also looking at the slim versions to alleviate so cramp and pain Im getting in my hands by my thumb.

any good offers about on them?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Ice got the standard version. Had them on bike for about 2 years now. They are only just looking like it’s time to replace. Will replace with the same.
    Very comfy. No hand pain like I used to get with normal grips.

Plus the lock collar just on the inside leaving the bar end tidy is brilliant.

gummikuh

I use the GE-1’s, they are OK, I used to get a numb hand when I got tired as I think I lean forward on my wrist, these help although they are not as good as the GP range for wrist support, however they are better when you want to move around the bars.

So a fairly good compromise.

SirHC

GE1’s were ok, nice shape, if a little hard and not very grippy when wet.

GD1’s were better than the ge1’s for grippyness, bit softer than the Ge1.

Gone back to ODI Elite Pro’s, grippier and comfier than both. Will be trying a set of DMR deathgrips soon. I have large hands and am quite picky about grips!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Im also looking at the slim versions to alleviate so cramp and pain Im getting in my hands by my thumb.

More likely a lack of core strength/too much timber than anything a grip will sort. Panic death grip can also cause this.

renton
    Free Member

More likely a lack of core strength/too much timber than anything a grip will sort. Panic death grip can also cause this.

I dont think its that to be honest, possible onset of mild arthritis.

Ive noticed it a little when using handtools too.

russyh
    Free Member

I found they helped with my hand and grip troubles. I had several ganglions which which get irritated on long rides they could cause me to lose grip which was less than ideal. I have to say the issues are much improved since i moved to the Ergons about 8 months ago. Sure it could be coincidence, but im happy to put it down to the grips

renton
    Free Member

Cool.

I’ve not long had a ganglion removed and also have another that is rather large.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Since I moved to the GD1 grips I now have a pair of GE1 Slim grips that I’m now not using. Going cheap if you’re interested … ? (they’re red)

daver27
    Free Member

got GE1s, i find them better on narrower bars due to the position it gently puts you in. i.e i run 780mm bars with “normal” grips, but feel better on 760mm bars with the GE1s

Also, i find they are only comfy with thin non padded gloves. Gloves with gel on the heel of your hand (or anywhere) makes them really uncomfy as it accentuates the shape of the grip to the extreme and adds pressure where it shouldn’t.

gfrew88
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for a few months now, best grips i’ve used. 10/10 for comfort .

The new Imprint mouldable grips are suppose to be excellent.

ratherbeintobago

I’ve been using GX1s for ages; need the wing shape or I get numb fingers.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Tentatively claiming that GE1’s cured my hand pain on long descents and inability to peel fingers off bars afterwards…

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Just the thread I was looking for, my Cannondale ones are too hard/slim so was looking at either the Ergon GE1 or GA2, not sure the differences?

jimplops

Got them fitted, finding them the comfiest grips I’ve run for some time.

devash
    Free Member

Just the thread I was looking for, my Cannondale ones are too hard/slim so was looking at either the Ergon GE1 or GA2, not sure the differences?

I bought some GE1s and GA2s from Chain Reaction with the intention of trying both in the workshop and seeing what felt better.

The GA2 is billed as more of an all-rounder and is less ergonomic. I though the GA2 would be what I was looking for but the GE1 just felt more comfortable.

I’m not sure if that is because I was coming from thick grips (Oury Lock-Ons) and the GE1s felt more similar to my existing ones, but the GA2s felt too thin for my liking.

I’ve only done a couple of XC rides with the GE1s but so far so good. No ulnar nerve pain and the single ring lock-on means that I can ride with my hands further out on the bars.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

@devash

Thanks for the info, just bought some GA2’s from a forum member, cheap enough to give them a go. I tried the GE1 in shop but wasn’t sure on them.

devash
    Free Member

Just as an additional note, I bought the GE1s in the regular (non-slim) version which are supposed to be for L-XL+ size hands/gloves . This might have factored into my choice as I have big hands.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Yep. Very good grip and I’d happily buy them again. Comfy and robust but a really nice feel too. Have superstar silicons on the other bike and they are as good – but cheaper.

mboy
    Free Member

Have run a set on my Hardtail for the last year or so Renton. Really like them. Setup is a bit of a faff, certainly you’ll want an allen key tool with you on first couple of rides whilst you make micro adjustments to their position, but once dialled, I really like them.

Would say that if anything, they could be a bit chunkier though. I’ve got the normal version and wouldn’t mind 2mm or so extra girth, the slims would be way too thin for me, and I don’t have especially large hands.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ergon Ge1 grips… Any users?’ is closed to new replies.