Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ERGON BC1 Backpack??
  • xcstu
    Free Member

Anyone on here had any experience with them?

Like the idea put have heard a few comments that it rocks side to side quite a bit due to ball joint ;-/??

Phototim
    Free Member

I have the BC3 which is much bigger. It supports the weight incredibly well and provides excellent freedom of movement however I find it has this problem where the waist belt swivels round may back (as opposed to flopping from side to side, it can’t do this because of the plastic frame) and I then have to get it back to a comfortable position by throwing my upper body to one side. I’ve never noticed this with a normal pack because I think they flop around and move over but then also move back again. With the Ergon, if it moves over, it stays there!

xcstu
    Free Member

Phototim

Do you reckon this would be the same with the small pack or is this because yours is carrying more?

So if the waist strap is on quite tight it wouldn’t swivel??

Would you recommend them?

Cheers Stu

Napalm
    Free Member

Hi Stu, I’ve got the BD1 in Medium and you can tighten (by an allen bolt) the swivel mechanism to make it tighter if you feel it’s too loose.

Infact – you could have my backpack for not much money as I don’t use it now – I’ve gone back to bottles and a saddle bag. It’s in pratically new condition and would be cheap option to see how you get on with it.

Drop me an email if you’re keen.

Phototim
    Free Member

The waist belt is very comfy and well supporting due to its rigid plastic frame but it is lined with grippy slicon or something (similar to what you find on the inside of goggle straps). When the pack moves over, the combination of rigid frame and grippy silicon make it hard to get back in place. This is my theory. I’m sure the small pack would be better and maybe I had my ball joint too loose. I’ve only used it once so perhaps I need to do some adjustments. I would recommend it based on its superb ergonomics.

xcstu
    Free Member

Cheers guys…

Only just seen your message Napalm… thanks for the offer but found swinnerton cycles selling them at just over 50quid and couldn’t help myself 🙂

As you I normally use bottles but have a enduro 100mile race in Spain in May so felt the needed to bag up!!!

It arrived yesterday and very impressed so far and tightening the ball joint you can def stiffen or loosen the movement in the shoulder straps and makes the whole thing very comfy on your back 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ERGON BC1 Backpack??’ is closed to new replies.