Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • ergo grips
  • yunki
    Free Member

the grips on my faithful town bike have finally deteriorated to some sort of sticky mushy goo so it’s time to replace them..

I was gonna go for the Renthal kevlar but reviews are mixed, I don’t like the fixed collar thing they’ve got going on, and I realised that I’m too stingy to pay out £20..
    I’m not keen on replacing like for like (superstar components) because of the sticky goo deterioration so..

I saw these on practical cycles.. some sort of rubberised cork

what benefit is the ergonomic style likely to bring and how odd will they feel til I get used to them?
    they’re going a backswept Ragley Carnegie’s bar so will the backsweep mess about with the ergonomic shape..?

GrahamS

I was about to recommend some nice Ergon grips (£21 from wiggle)

But then I read “I’m too stingy to pay out £20” – so old wine bottle stoppers it is 😀

binners

Mrs Binners swears by the Ergon grips graham posted. And having tried them on her bike, they’re brilliant! Uber-comfy! You just lean your palms on the bars. I don’t know if the odd looking cork things will be the same. Will you be accessorising them with a tweed waistcoat, a flat cap, and a handlebar moustache?

yunki
    Free Member

I habitually ride round town in nothing but a pair of well used sack cloth y-fronts and sandals fashioned from old maxxis minions..
    I really don’t think those ergon jobbies will be in keeping with the look daahlings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ergo grips’ is closed to new replies.