Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • erex vista c turning off
  • mav12
    Free Member

anyone had this problem when using it on the bike mount after a bit of googling it looks a common problem the battery contact to the pcb board are just spring connectors the fix seem to be to solder them anyone opened one up only problem is what to use to glue the rubber band around the outside of the case back on with

MrOvershoot

Evo stick or a bit of clear silicone mastic

mav12
    Free Member

never thought of evo stick ta!

uplink
    Free Member

The fix used to simply be – to put some tape on the back of the battery cover to tighten them up
    Worked fine for me when I had that issue

gusamc
    Free Member

if it’s loose batteries, pad with blutack or I put a strip of insultating tape down one side of the battery and thus the lid holds it tight

mav12
    Free Member

idont think it is loose batteries ihave put padding in i will have another try but think it is an internal contact problem

uplink
    Free Member

You don’t need any glue as such as it stays sticky

http://californication.mtbguru.com/2005/11/20/deconstructing-the-garmin-etrex-vista/

not as bad as it looks TBH

mav12
    Free Member

i did see that thread mine is starting to come away allready it is a common problem with etrex units i had one replaced foc a few years ago by garmin but this time they didnt want to know

mav12
    Free Member

opened it it up cleaned the contacts on the main board bent the spring contacts back a bit

works fine now no turning off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘erex vista c turning off’ is closed to new replies.