Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Er… I need a Windows 7 file, can you help?
  • Kit
    Free Member

I'm reinstalling windows but my DVD seems to have a corrupt file (boot.wim) and can't get Windows 7 to install. Anyone able to help and want to drop me an email 😀

Cheers!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

version ?

Kit
    Free Member

Professional

scaredypants

32 / 64 ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ah, good question 🙂 I have access to all versions via MSDN (if this file changes)

Cougar

Are you installing direct from the DVD, or doing something clever like copying the image to a USB key?

boot.wim is an image of WindowsPE, it lives in \sources on the DVD and I don't think it changes between versions but could be wrong. It'll give you that sort of error if you're doing things like copying the DVD to your C:\ drive first – it needs to be on a separate partition iirc.

cnud
    Free Member

I had a bit of a issue with boot.wim and some flag 9 gonads until I changed the boot order to cd/dvd drive first and then did a clean install.

Kit
    Free Member

It won't read off the DVD (just hangs with the DVD revving up and down). I copied everything to the HDD to check which file was jiggered and its the boot.wim as it won't copy off the DVD.

And it's 32.

Cougar

I'll drag it off my DVD later if you like.

This might be of use too – http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

Kit
    Free Member

Cheers Cougar.

Cougar

Transferring now.

Should be at http://www.cougar.org.uk/boot.wim when it’s finished. Looks like it’ll take about half an hour to upload – it’s 145Mb.

Cougar

37%…

Kit
    Free Member

Cheers, that worked dandy!

Cougar

Sweet, I’ll take it down now (need the space).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Er… I need a Windows 7 file, can you help?’ is closed to new replies.