Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Equilibrium disc or London Road?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

My commuter is gradually dying and will soon be an ex commuter

What I actually need is a drop bar bike with mudguards and pannier mounts

The roads to work are pretty awful so decent tyre clearance is a must

The currently fashionable London Road ticks all the boxes especially tyre clearance but what’s confused the issue is that I’ve just been offered dibbs on a hardly used equilibrium disc

The genesis would be a good buy, but will only take 25mm tyres with mudguards.
    On my horrible pot holed and rutted commute would this be an issue over the tractor tyres fitted to the PX bike?

I currently use an mtb…..

Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

I don’t think the Genesis frame itself won’t be the limiting factor for what size tyres you can run; it will be the mudguards. The Genesis will probably take a 27c. Also bear in mind that a Conti 25c is a bit bigger than say a Vittoria 25c.

Does the Genesis now come with pannier racks? My 853 Equilibrium doesn’t have them but I don’t think that stops you from mounting paniers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I ran a 28 in my Eq with guards. Frameset is 30% heavier.

FWIW am thinking of a LR and currently own a Vaya, v similar to Eq

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

You get the added advantage of seattube roulette with the LR…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sold out in my size!

jerrys
    Free Member

Why not a Kaffenback?

Mine takes 28mm with guards.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have a Equilibrium disc and it fits Continental 4000s 2 28mm x 700CC tyres that fine with SKS guards as long as you deflate the rear tyre before removing the rear wheel. I love the bike it is a brilliant ride.

It doesn’t have specific disc mounts though so you either have to double up the guard mounts or use P clip type rack.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hmmmm, thinking that tyres will be more of an issue with the Genesis

I do like the sound of fitting 37mm on the London Road, my commute really is rough, on the way home tonight on my MTB I was wondering how a road bike would cope

Oh and I’ll be buying a LR full build so seat tube roulette shouldnt stress me 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Seems as good a time as any to post my new bike up happy days thanks to CTW.

Looks to have good clearance on the race guards I offered up and 25’s are plenty for London

Saddle is flat weird photo! And I know about the pointing and weeds etc etc.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yeah cos they’d NEVER use an out of spec frame to build a whole bike out of and just crank the clamp up or anything…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Equilibrium FTW.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Equilibrium disc or London Road?’ is closed to new replies.