Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Epynt Way – Mid Wales
  • hugor
    Free Member

Anybody done this 80 kms loop?
    Looks like a great day out in the hills.
    I’d love a gpx file if anybody could share.
    I don’t seem to be able to find one online.
    I’d plot my own but the trail is not marked even on OS 1:25000 maps.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Pick your time … plenty of boggy bits 😀

hugor
    Free Member

thanks – great advice! Might save the trip for winter when the trail may dry up a bit. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattsccm
    Free Member

Last year I spent quite a while looking for the same info as you and came up with nowt. A mate and I started at the southern most point and went anti clockwise. We got off track almost immediately. The msrker posts are not obvious. The going was very much off piste and the route much better on a horse I reckon. Hours later we came across the first little info hut thingy, realised that we were getting nowwhere fast and exploited past motorcycle event knowledge and use a closed RUPP across the range to hit the tarmac at Dixies corner. More pioneering brought us to the start. I seem to think that our average speed was about walking pace. We were not making serious errors, it was just very slow going. We gad 1 CX bike and 1 MTb, neither were especially suited.
    Good luck.

hugor
    Free Member

Wow that doesn’t sound like a good day at all. Having spent loads of time pushing my bike on moors looking for non existent tracks I get where your coming from.
    It sounded alot better than that in the brochure I picked up.
    Might look for something else in the area. Thanks.
    Such a nice part of the world though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Epynt Way – Mid Wales’ is closed to new replies.