Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Epping Forest
  • koko
    Free Member

Going to Epping for the first time this weekend but not sure if there is a best spot to park to start to explore or if anyone can give me some advice about the best areas to ride.

Cheers

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You got mud tyres? You’re gonna need them…

Depends from where you’re coming from. I live down near CanaryWharf, and ride up to Whipps Cross, then into the forst, up to Pole Hill (Chingford), then on to High Beech if I’m feeling good.

It will be bloody muddy up there atm. It’s claggy, clay mud, and sticks like a proper bastard. A real chore to plod through.

It’s good fun when it’s mostly dry, though. Last I was up there was end of last year, when it haddunt rained too much for a while. Was actually pretty good.

ciron
    Free Member

I didn’t make it up the last weekend but heard that it was seriously muddy. And that means really, really muddy.

High Beach tends to be the place to park and mee up. It’s pretty central in the forest with plenty of routes in all directions.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

View from Pole Hill is a must on a nice clear day / night

sofatester
    Free Member

If you think you know mud, wait till you’ve ridden in Epping forest!

Wally

I ride with a group of mixed pace who regularly meet up, very early Sunday for a 2/3 hour session.
    Drop us an email.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Epping Forest’ is closed to new replies.