Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • EPIC LONGEST DAY RIDE THREAD
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

In an attempt to actually get a wild ride in this year, would anyone care to suggest a location and route for the summer solstice??

I could predicably suggest the Lord of the Loops, but that doesn’t really get my juices flowing, prefer something more wild/away from it all.

Bit early, but could be an awesome meet?

😆

valleydaddy
    Free Member

valleydaddy
    Free Member

takisawa2

Could a coast to coast be done in a day ?
    Sunrise & sunset kind of thing.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuartie-c’s C2C2C route is an epic. Ullapool to Bonar Bridge and back in a day.

ajantom

C2C Devon and Cornwall – going over Exmoor and Dartmoor? Must be possible.

Drillski
    Free Member

West highland Way – i believe can be done in a day, seen an article on it somewhere online, plus someone in one of the mags recently reied to do it there and back i think nonstop?

samuri
    Free Member

Couple of years back I tried the transpennine trail, 180 miles up over the pennines and then back home which would have added another 50 miles on. My mistake was a) wearing a new pair of shorts that rubbed my arse raw and b)doing it east to west so I rode past my house.

This year, hopefully I’ll give it another go, west to east.

Kunstler

mcmoonter’s suggestion sounds brilliant. The longest day and squeezing the most out of – chasing the sun back to the west. I remember being in Ullapool in early July and seeing kids walking across the green at 11.30 (still not dark) with their instruments going to play at the ceilidh place.
    I’ve never fully exploited the longest day – always thought about it but circumstances never really transpired.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

McMoonters suggestion is good – the full C2C2C is a long long day – it was too much for us so we did a slighty shorter varient – only going to the tidal limit on the river on the east and back but a stunning memorable day out

rewski
    Free Member

South Downs Way

wwaswas

South Downs Way

maybe the double with the aim to do the whole thing in daylight?

jcromton
    Free Member

You’d get nearly an extra 2 hours of sunlight and more daylight if you did the c2c2c as opposed to the Down South Way.

epicyclo

The ‘Puffer lite (25/6 June) is close to the longest day (21 June). Brilliant event.

A ride as far north as possible is going to get the most usable daylight.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Forgive my delay in getting back;

Um, good routes…with democracy in mind we’ll have to vote, however the thought of racing the sun (well, the earths motion to be a pedant) adds an extra dimension. Plus, I’ve yet to cycle the Highlands!

Is this the official kick off 8O?

x 1 for mcmoonter’s c2c2c

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘EPIC LONGEST DAY RIDE THREAD’ is closed to new replies.