• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Epic enduro races in the south of France
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

A few weeks ago me and a couple of mates took part in an enduro race in the south of France, it turned out to be a bit of an epic with two days, 80km, 3800m climbing and 9 stages. Bloody good race though and the french certainly know how to put one together. I put together some text and photos from the weekend and thought i’d share here, maybe it will inspire someone else or give you some ideas about riding the south of France!

My mate came over from London, flying into Nice and did the race and if you get a chance I recommend you do the same, the race only cost 60euro (30euro for a one dayer one usually) and you get a lot for what you pay for! Just be sure you know how to ride stupidly tight switchbacks if you fancy racing in France ;).

Enjoy

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Link?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member
    MSP

I did the 1001 enduro guided tour last year, and came to the conclusion that tight rocky switchbacks are my kryptonite, after 4 days my head was just frazzled with the constant intensity of the riding.

superfli
    Free Member

Well done Will. Them Frenchies certainly know how to hold an Enduro – its no wonder they have so many top level riders! Great value for money too

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

MSP – They flippin love them down here, i’m alright going left but i’m a bit of a fairy going right!

Superfli- There was quite a few of the EWS guys racing, after these races i’ve realised just how many top EWS guys come from that area of France and as you say it is no wonder, the amount of clubs, races, trails, events they have is amazing, definitely going to start looking for jobs down there!

sprocker
    Free Member

Good write up and the event looks worth a trip 🙂

MSP

Yeah after a while I guess I would get accustomed to it, but it was such a big step up from what I normally ride all I could see going through a switchback was every drop or hole that would unsettle my balance or jam the front wheel up, completely lost my confidence to just ride through it all.

I am going back for a week in Valberg this year, hoping I can keep it together a bit better.

Agree that if I could get a job in that area that was 3/4 of what I currently earn I would jump at the chance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Epic enduro races in the south of France’ is closed to new replies.