Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Epic designs bike bags
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Anybody own one? I'm looking at doing the c2c this year and a fair bit of bivvying, just wondering if anyone knew what they were like. Or if there are any cheaper alternatives!

sockpuppet

i'll let you know when mine arrive!

great reputation, but long lead time…

flatfish
    Free Member

mine should be here by the weekend hopefully as they're in transit as we speak, but i'll let you know asap.

singlespeedstu

I've got the bar bag.

Fantastic bit of kit.

Well thought out and well made.

Singlespeedpunk has the bar bag, frame bag and seat pack and rates them very highley.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Is this the second lot you've ordered then Taylor? … it must be, the others were due weeks ago 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

cough stu.

i've seen the proof of postage with my own 4 eyes

shaggy

I've got a Super Twinkie and the Pogies. Awsome stuff, and Eric is a top guy. Highly recomended. I've got another one on order (coming over with Flatfish's actually). If you are gorping a couple of weeks wait I know people who are waiting a year for bags from another manufacturer…

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

The quality is very good, I took a look the Super Twinkie Taylor borrowed off Shaggy … certainly looks like it'd stand up to any amount of abuse.

Ringo
    Free Member

So worth the money then. Think I'll invest in a saddle bag.

flatfish
    Free Member

just got my epic bags today and i'm mightily impressed but the 4 month wait drove me mad.

i did spot this though http://www.adventurecycling.org/store/index.cfm/product/538_85/carousel-design-works-escape-pod-saddle-pack-medium.cfm
    so i'm assuming jeff at carousel has built up a big batch for ACA to sell, remember the postage from the states and you may have to pay a customs charge too.

MSP

I emailed carousel designs (twice) about ordering a bar bag, no reply. No such problems from epic, got a fuel tank on order. Once I have got that and seen the quality will probably order a frame pack.

I am not sure about the bar bag design from epic, its just a harness to hold a dry bag (or that what it apears to be). Think I would prefer the carousel one, but if he's not contactable that may not be a choice.

I think there is a real oportunity for someone to start doing similar stuff in the UK (wonders how hard it would be)

myheadsashed

Im surprised Alpkit haven't added them to their product list!

flatfish
    Free Member

i think its a special for the sponsored riders

MSP

alpkit do the airlock extra dry bags, that have atatchment points/loops. With a bit of webbing they may make a perfectly adequate bar bag. I have some diffrent sizes on order to try out. They are cheap enought to just have a go with.
    They could also work for strapping under the saddle.

flatfish
    Free Member

Have already used the airlock extra dry bags as a bar bag which worked hunky dory, three straps, two round the bars and through loops, then the third through the lower loops to the spacers under the stem stops it bouncing around. dont think i'd want any bigger than the 8L bag.

shaggy

There's plans afoot at Alpkit, we've got a different spin on it but thats all I'll say at the moment. Oh and, don't hold your breath…

With regards to front bags, I've always made my own harness and used a drybag (Airlok or a Drydock on the Snowbike). The Carousel may look good but they aren't as secure as you may think while in use. I'd also say they were overkill for summer use.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Epic designs bike bags’ is closed to new replies.