Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • epic boo boo
  • hoodride67
    Free Member

just recently bought a set of brand new magura marathon 120s for my project. when i un-box them i realize ive bought tappered and not straight. so annoyed with myself as these are awesome forks which i now cant use.
    anyone know anywhere where i can part ex them (uk)?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Return under distance selling?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Return them to the shop..

hoodride67
    Free Member

also have a set of new rockshoxs XC28 TK 26″ 100 which i can exchange also

hoodride67
    Free Member

had a good deal on them on ebay unfortunatly, just got frame back from powder coaters to realize my mistake

njee20
    Free Member

Is this another thinly veiled classified ad…?

Return to shop. If you didn’t buy from a shop stick them on eBay.

Unsure of the relevance of the XC28s.

You’re incredibly unlikely to find any shop wanting to “part ex” parts.

wwaswas

You could try a swap in the classifieds here but I can’t see any shops doing a trade in for more than they could get the forks trade price and even then why would they as warranty becomes difficult?

stevied
    Free Member

If you’re anywhere near Malvern my LBS does PX on some stuff.

hoodride67
    Free Member

only mention the xc28s as they are surplus to requirements and two fors is better than one on a PX (even tho they are shit)
    im not near malvern, west sussex is where i am

z1ppy

Is it a true 1 1/8 steerer on your frame, or a 44mm 1 1/8 verion? (what frame is it?)
    The 44mm version could potentially have an external lower cup fitted to make tapered forks fit.

njee20
    Free Member

No shops will want to part ex forks. Sell them.

medoramas
    Free Member

Or buy new frame! 8)

hoodride67
    Free Member

TRUE 1 1/8 44m converter wont fit

seadog101

Is it a true 1 1/8 steerer on your frame, or a 44mm 1 1/8 verion? (what frame is it?)
    The 44mm version could potentially have an external lower cup fitted to make tapered forks fit.

^^ this, I fitted tapered to my 44mm headtube frame with a Hope Type H external cup. Works a treat and now have loverly Manitou Minute Pro forks doing a fine job. Weird forks sold cheap from CRC because of tapered steerer on 26″ QR lowers.

EDIT – ignore me….

hoodride67
    Free Member

nah wont fit

breninbeener

Bike discount.de have got xc28 forks for £45 delivered. So they arent worth much!

hoodride67
    Free Member

i know, was gonna use them as interim forks till i could afford better. saw the durins and thought what the hell. shoulda waited, thought the frame was bigger

hoodride67
    Free Member

any idea what i could get for the durins?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘epic boo boo’ is closed to new replies.