Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ENVE or Renthal…?
  • jamj1974

I’m using Renthal Fatbar Carbons on two of my bikes and find them brilliant. My brother likes them but hates the graphics. He is looking at ENVE Carbon DH bars as an alternative. Neither of us ride DH – more just all round trail riding but like the width.

Any users of the ENVE bars have anything to report?

Slogo
    Free Member

game changer………

Easton Havoc. I love mine.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got the enve dh on my fat bike. Very good and they fit me well and are definitely my favourite bar.

Northwind

My Enves are just bars, really. Less ugly than Renthals which is mostly why I chose them, but they don’t seem really any different to my lighter Crank Bros Iodines, or my too-narrow Eastons. Good kit but not spectacular or anything

davosaurusrex

I’ve just got my first couple of rides on my 20mm rise Renthals. Fine but can’t really tell much difference from the alloy Fatbars they replaced except they’re lower. That said it isn’t exactly rocky on the South Downs.

Anyone want to swap some 2 ride old 20mm carbon Fatbars for the same in 30mm, my old back isn’t convinced by the lower position!

jamj1974

I’ve now been asked if anyone has tried the wider version RaceFace Six C’s..?

honourablegeorge

Have Enve on the DH and Renthals on the trail bike.

If I was buying again, I’d have Enve on both – the Renthals are slightly less comfortable, whether that’s a product of slightly different shape or because the Enves are less stiff (I think they are), I can’t really say, but the Enves are nicer.

matther01
    Free Member

Sixc bars, they’re just…well brilliant. Comfy straight from the word go.

Just picked a set of sixc 35 for my Capra for £85 at CRC

qtip

+1 for the SixCs

kimbers

[mild troll hat on]

i got some onone knuckleballs, 40 quid in their sale

can anyone tell my why enves or renthal are any better

kudos100
    Free Member

Because they say enve or renthal on them duh!!

jamj1974

got some onone knuckleballs, 40 quid in their sale

Only reason for me is rise. I generally prefer a low rise bar.

Northwind

kimbers – Member

[mild troll hat on]

i got some onone knuckleballs, 40 quid in their sale

Enve and Renthal come with a warranty that might actually be honoured?

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Have you seen the testing on the enve dh bar?

I’d like to seethe on-one out up with that!

jamj1974

Thanks for your responses – I’ll pass them on.

J

kimbers

mathewshotbolt – Member
    Have you seen the testing on the enve dh bar?

is it as robust as with their DH wheels? 😉

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Enve-Composites-DH-Wheels-Tested-2013.html

i see pinkbike have removed the pic from their review…….

Northwind

They got it to do that by first cracking it in an incident that they thought would have also terminally damaged an alu rim, then doing more runs of whistler bike park, then casing a jump on it which they said they wouldn’t assume an uncracked alloy wheel would have survived. The pics gave a pretty unfair impression of the failure.

Never really sure whether to trust the “it was a pre production model” line or not, it’s a bit like “bad batch”

kimbers

id love a set of enves, bars or wheels, I imagine that theyd be as reliable as anything ive ridden b4

and while id expect better support from enve or renthal, compared to say on-one or superstar*, ive been so impressed by my light bicycle rims (a year on) and onone bars (only 2 months) that im struggling to see why youd pay 3 or 4 times the price for a label, over

*fwiw ive only ever had good service from on-one or superstar

yorkycsl
    Free Member

In the same position with choosing bars for my lads bike, though my new build Bronson has there own 760 carbon bar, first thing I noticed was a reduction of trail buzz coming through the bars, subtle graphics If they build good carbon frames then hopefully that’ll similar for there bars. cost 130 pounds.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ENVE or Renthal…?’ is closed to new replies.