• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Entropy – a fuller understanding, a scientific discovery.
  • epicyclo

I have discovered the cause of entropy.

Kittens.

My daughter is visiting with her 2 kittens, and my carefully organised stacks of books and neatly arranged desk in my study are now in total disorder.

It is a repeatable phenomenon, because I have tidied up 3 times so far.

I have discovered an entropy containment method – the closed door. My daughter would not permit my original idea of deep freezing the kittens to slow down their molecules – which to my mind was the best solution.

However this just seems to relocate the entropy elsewhere in the house.

Should I write a scientific paper on this phenomenon – I rather fancy a Nobel prize. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

if you put one of the kittens on a turntable, what happens to the other one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What if you introduced the kittens to disorders, well new world disorder

scotroutes

It tries to get out its box?

perchypanther
    Free Member

It tries to get out its box?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Pfft, kittens mere amateurs at the whole entropy thing. Ferrets, now they go beyond scientific, they raise it to an art form. Currently my DVD blu-ray collection is non alphabetically/genre arranged but stacked on the shelves to prevent Panzer launching himself off the TV stand onto the shelves where he’ll throw them all on the floor.

He has alSo discovered he can climb up the louvres of the larder door when it’s open to get to my collection of old beer glasses about 7ft up on glass shelves.

Starbuck will hunt down my cycling short liners were ever they are, raiator/dryers/wash barket and drag them off somewhere dark to murder with extreme prejudice.

epicyclo

Ming the Merciless – Member
    …Starbuck will hunt down my cycling short liners were ever they are, raiator/dryers/wash barket and drag them off somewhere dark to murder with extreme prejudice.

One does not like to think what may be attracting him… 🙂

But I can see potential for you to be a co-author to the Entropy paper.

CountZero

Thank you, first genuine LOL moment of the day! 😆
    One has to be called Schrödinger, Shirley?

Cougar

Tie two of them back to back, then drop them, and you have a perfect perpetual motion machine. (If you only have access to the one kitten, a slice of buttered toast is a workable substitute).

deadkenny
    Free Member

Surely tie them legs to legs, then you have an anti-grav machine.

mikey74
    Free Member

😆

Research grants have been awarded for less.

Spin
    Free Member

I have discovered an entropy containment method – the closed door.

Yes, but no doubt some demon will open it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have discovered an entropy containment method – the closed door.

The problem is how can you know if the kitten is in the study or not without checking? And if you check, you alter the result experiment as examining the state of the room will alter it’s kitten containing properties.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want a practical demonstration of just how entropy works acquire a large box of lego and a small child and place them inside your house for a few hours.

The lego will become evenly distributed throughout your entire house and you will not have the energy to collect it back up.

Spin
    Free Member

Much confusing of entropy with quantum uncertainty on this thread. Perhaps it’s a cat thing.

epicyclo

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    ‘I have discovered an entropy containment method – the closed door.’
    The problem is how can you know if the kitten is in the study or not without checking? And if you check, you alter the result experiment as examining the state of the room will alter it’s kitten containing properties.

Ye gods, quantum entropy! Good point.

I’m going have to tell my daughter to give Schrödinger his kittens back, they’ve been leaving what may be Higgs boson particles in a corner of her bedroom. Maybe if we don’t look they won’t be there.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Much confusing of entropy with quantum uncertainty on this thread. Perhaps it’s a cat thing.

Are you sure?

ourmaninthenorth

We have two kittens. The house is definitely more disordered every day.

Consider this a successful peer review and accurate repeat of the original methods.

Cougar

Maybe if we don’t look they won’t be there.

I think you may have Heisenberg’s kittens there.

perchypanther
    Free Member

mattyfez

Sellotape a slice of buttered toast to the kittens back.

Drop the kitten out of the window.

The kitten won’t reach the floor and just spin in mid air.

Free energy.

Where do I apply for my Nobel prize?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I think it’s the other way around isn’t it. If you look they are there.

epicyclo

mattyfez – Member
    Sellotape a slice of buttered toast to the kittens back.
    Drop the kitten out of the window.
    The kitten won’t reach the floor and just spin in mid air.
    Free energy.
    Where do I apply for my Nobel prize?

That’s a good theory, but when I tried a practical application there were uncontrollable bursts of energy when I tried to insert the spindle. Next time I’ll try from the front end.

I’ll report more details once I have had the blood transfusion.

matt_outandabout

Velcro works better than freezer.

Spin
    Free Member

I think it’s the other way around isn’t it. If you look they are there.

You can see where Heisenberg’s kittens are just fine as long as you don’t try to work out how fast they’re going too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Entropy – a fuller understanding, a scientific discovery.’ is closed to new replies.