Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Entitled dog owners
  • richc
    Free Member

The point of the thread, with an aggravating title, was that dogs should be under control, should be trained by their owners, and people should take responsibility for their actions. That I do agree with.

I completely agree with that, as would any sane person.

anagallis_arvensis

what distinction in diet, I imagined the editing didnt I?
    So you responded to that comment but are now claiming you did not see it.

You are priceless, I responded to a comment that you edited out and then you told me you havent edited anything, then you defend the removed comment and now you saying I made up the comment about editing or something, I’m lost but my day has brightened up a great deal since you arrived. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

The point of the thread, with an aggravating title, was that dogs should be under control, should be trained by their owners, and people should take responsibility for their actions. That I do agree with.

I completely agree with that, as would any sane person.

this is beyond question

anagallis_arvensis

predictably unpredictable…. thats great, keep going I need a laugh
    Get a bunch of dogs and horses together, stand behind each one and wave your arms about.
    Let me know how you get on with that.

quality, if I can predict what might happen does that make me wrong or you wrong, I’m not sure any more.

neilwheel
    Free Member

You are priceless, I responded to a comment that you edited out and then you told me you havent edited anything, then you defend the removed comment and now you saying I made up the comment about editing or something, I’m lost but my day has brightened up a great deal since you arrived.

Nothing has been removed, three lines have been added, for clarity, as you seem to be on a wind up. Anyways…………..nevermind……………….

neilwheel
    Free Member

if I can predict what might happen does that make me wrong or you wrong, I’m not sure any more.

Your the one claiming dogs and horse should be treated the same. I’m sure that you’re not sure.

Crag
    Free Member

Puppy sniffs unattended bag. 6 page bitchfest breaks out on the internet. The members of STW, I salute you. Job well done.

anagallis_arvensis

Your the one claiming dogs and horse should be treated the same. I’m sure that you’re not sure.

did I, I honestly dont remember saying that, but I have been laughing a lot

neilwheel
    Free Member

ZZZzzzzzzzz………………ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………………….ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..

takisawa2

More to the point, why is my mugshot on page 1…eh…eh?

aracer
    Free Member

So now the dog lovers are reduced to character assassination to make their point. How about you provide a single example of me being a dick to or around dogs (cycling or running past them minding my own business doesn’t count), or of me being rabidly anti-dog. Alternatively a full retraction and apology will be fine.

Oh, and apology accepted for your previous claim – no I was not that person.

It is interesting that in the end the dog lovers on this thread have done a good job of proving the original point – that other people are expected to modify their behaviour to avoid incidents with dogs, when they’d rather just ignore them and be ignored by them.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh let’s just do this one as well:

I’m not going to turn this into something personal but II see you have fallen into the same trap that I highlighted earlier – this attitude probably doesn’t help in these or other situations. Try not to be so confrontational and look down on people just because they have another standpoint.[/quote]

Another standpoint? I’m quite happy to accept that – what I will challenge is people who claim something which isn’t true. Given

is a complete misrepresentation of the situation described in the OP (oh yes it’s subtle, but there is a distinct difference between “sniff” and “investigate” for example) is that because you didn’t read the OP properly, or because you’re distorting things to suit your agenda?

Stop, stand calmly and let it come and sniff you, see you are not a dog or a threat to it’s master and then move on. Simple.

Every time I encounter a dog whilst out running or biking? I’d probably better give up then, because I’m not going to get much done. Alternatively the owners could control their dogs so that I can run/bike and ignore them which is what I’d like to do.

I can’t help thinking that there’s definitely something being done wrong, and first 2 things I think of are firstly the running away thing, and secondly hostility towards dog/owner which naturally drives the dog to defend it’s master from what it interprets as an aggressor.

I shall try to put this in as non-confrontational way as possible, but did you read my explanations of being bitten, and if not could you go back and re-read them? Because as I mentioned there is only one case where I was actually moving away from the dog before being bitten rather than it just approaching me, and in none of the cases was I anywhere near the owner, let alone being hostile towards them (by default I’m friendly to everybody).

I’m not sure why the dog owners are having such a hard time understanding that some dogs just bite, not given 200,000 bites a year. Regarding the stats, a-a’s assertion is actually a fail for a different reason. Even if we assume everybody in the population has an equal chance of being bitten, my 5 bites are over 20 years, hence 4 million bites over that time. So approximately a 1 in 15 chance of being bitten in that period, a 1 in 225 chance of being bitten twice… 1 in 760,000 chance of being bitten 5 times. So I’m quite unusual, but given a population of 60 million there are probably hundreds who’ve been bitten that many times over that period.

aracer
    Free Member

this is beyond question
    [/quote]

So everybody actually agrees with the point that the owner of the dog in the OP was in the wrong? Phew.

scruff
    Free Member

Are you talking to yourself now?

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure if the response to the bag sniffing needed shouting from either party though.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Why is everyone spending so much time thinking of responses, most likely getting stressed and cross and generally stewing over all of this.
    All of us never existed before we were born, we are at best alive for a insignificant passing of time, no more than a blink of an eye in the whole scheme of the universe, and then in a heartbeat we are gone…to an eternity of non existence along with the billions who were here before us for the same tiny dot of conscious existence. And this is how we feel best to spend this never to be retrieved moment that we have, by getting defensive, cross and stressed about who was in the wrong when a puppy sniffed a bag.

andyrm
    Free Member

Quick! Call the police!

dashed
    Free Member

there is a distinct difference between “sniff” and “investigate”

Define investigate then! It’s a pretty ambiguous term in this context.

molgrips
    Free Member

The point of the thread, with an aggravating title, was that dogs should be under control, should be trained by their owners, and people should take responsibility for their actions.

No it’s not. It’s that the dog owner in the OP seemed to think his dog could do whatever it liked without being disciplined by a third party.

This is not so. If a dog ran into my garden, or jumped up onto my kid or anythign else unwelcome with regards my property or dependents I’d say ‘down boy, shoo’ or similar.

This is a normal thing to do to dogs isn’t it? So why was the owner upset?

RustySpanner

‘Down boy’?

That’s just sexist.

neilwheel
    Free Member

The point of the thread, with an aggravating title, was that dogs should be under control, should be trained by their owners, and people should take responsibility for their actions.

No it’s not. It’s that the dog owner in the OP seemed to think his dog could do whatever it liked without being disciplined by a third party.[/quote]

Seems pretty much the same to me

This is not so. If a dog ran into my garden, or jumped up onto my kid or anythign else unwelcome with regards my property or dependents I’d say ‘down boy, shoo’ or similar.

This is a normal thing to do to dogs isn’t it? So why was the owner upset?

No problem here. The owner is a muppet.

I had a similar situation.

Stopped to eat my lunch in a park recently.

Sat on the grass enjoying my sandwich when two dogs approached. The owner called them a number of times and neither dog paid any attention. I have been around dogs all my life and have owned a few, no problem, until the male of the pair went to cock it’s leg on my backpack, which I was waiting for it to do.
    It received a light but firm kick, at which point the owner started running towards me shouting. At this point i could not be bothered to explain what his dog owning responsibilities are and told him “If you don’t **** off, I’m going to kick you too.”

Really did spoil an otherwise very nice sandwich.

anagallis_arvensis

I AM IN THE RIGHT GOD DAMMIT EVEN WHEN IT SPOILS MY DAY, I AM IN THE RIGHT!!!!!

neilwheel
    Free Member

SSSSSSHHHhhhhhhhh…………….ZZZzzzz………………ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz………………..

anagallis_arvensis

Maybe you could tells us some more stories about how tough you are, you seem to like that.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)

The topic ‘Entitled dog owners’ is closed to new replies.