Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • entertain me… how to get 50quids value taking the mickey out of a business?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

without going into huge detail and there is more to this than what i’ve stated… i engaged a company on a 12month contract to look after something of mine and make cash from it. the company were not that good at it, so i gave them good notice i would not renew my contract when it expired. now, apart from having to chase them for final payments due they charged me a 50quid termination fee.

arguments as to whether that is just or no, the fact is that its not worth pursuing via small claims court etc.

so please stw, give me your best ways to ‘legally’ get back my 50quid in terms of value by taking the michael out of them.

for instance, i can buy their domain but with hyphens and it would take me 30mins to get a site up!

p.s. the owner is an arrogant egotist who can never be wrong and they have not even the decency now to answer emails or communicate with me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Name & shame, or GTFO. 8)

wwaswas

name and shame on here would be a good start for anyone who uses stw and who subsequently googles them

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrP

Advert in the newspaper advertising their ‘free giveaway’ ALA that snowboard one that (Fake) australian in America did….

DrP

DaveRambo

The best way is to use small claims or the threat of it – don’t get why you want to be a dick rather than be professional.

If he’s acting the way he is the best approach is a letter saying you’ll use small claims if he doesn’t pay.
    I imagine that will wind him up the most without any way of trying to get back at you – They may have a case if you spoof a website that looks like theirs.

ocrider

It all depends on how much they owe you in cash. If it’s next to nothing, enjoy yourself humiliating them, although stop holding your cards and tell us more!

weeksy

In all honesty, it’s worth way more than £50 to forget about it, move on and enjoy your life knowing they’re the muppets and you’re not.

andrewh
    Free Member

the fact is that its not worth pursuing via small claims court etc.

Really simple to do, and often just lodging a claim makes them cough up, rarely have to pursue it.

RichT

Charge them a £50 late payment fee?

johndoh
    Free Member

Is £50 REALLY worth making a fuss about in any way, shape or form?

I assume you did read the contract that you signed at the beginning of the term didn’t you?

martinhutch

If it’s not in your contract, amuse yourself doing a small claims form. As others have said, it’s not hard to do.

Probably easier than mucking about with domains and likely to annoy them more.

CountZero

so i gave them good notice i would not renew my contract when it expired.

If this is the case, I fail to see how they can possibly charge a termination fee for a contract that’s run it’s natural course.
    I’d certainly be looking at small claims, although, how much is owed to you? Is it in excess of the £50 they’re demanding? If so, then I’d carry on, if its only a few quid, I’d tell them what they could do with their demand for £50.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘entertain me… how to get 50quids value taking the mickey out of a business?’ is closed to new replies.