Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Enough politics – where are you all riding this summer?
  • matt_outandabout

What is either planned (holidays, weekends) or on ‘The List’ to do this year given the chance?

Photo’s to inspire, will of course gain extra brownie points….

Stoner
    Free Member

I know where i’ll you’ll be! :p

onandon
    Free Member

All around Switzerland, Italy, France and Germany.

dantsw13

Tignes/Val-D’Isere this summer 2nd week of July, 12 of us staying at Chalet Chardons in Les Breviere as recommended by STW.

Hopefully the Alps got less late season snow than last year so it will be nice and clear by then. I’m monitoring the webcams already to check, and the lower snow is gone already, so fingers crossed!!

We will pop down to LA for one day though to ride La Varda again and a few other cheeky trails.

dantsw13

Stoner is that PDS?

Northwind

A week in South Wales in July, probably a long weekend in/around Fort William, a week with Riviera Bike come September, and a ton of just riding around here. There’s a load of riding within a couple of hours that I’ve never done just because of the convenience and brilliance of the tweed valley so I want to tick some of that off.

Andy-R

In a month’s time I’ll be in Greece for most of the summer/autumn – Platsa, in the Southern Pelloponese, so that’s where I’ll be riding.

Stoner
    Free Member

Dan, yes view across les Crosets to the Swiss wall (Swiss side of Mosettes). Showing Swiss National DH

mt
    Free Member

Swaledale! Gods valley.

jekkyl

Our two week holiday this year will be in Cornwall and as an incentive to stay in one place the wife has said I can take my bike! which is ace. So that means I will have 2 weeks of a ride virtaully every day for 2/3 hours early morning around the St Ives area. Lovely bits of coast round there and a few hills so I’ll have to get busy with the map.
    I’m also planning a solo trip to the lakes early september. I have a hankering to visit Ennerdale, so more scenic than tech!

oldnpastit

Sadly my wife has determined to take me to the one part of Scotland that has no mountain biking whatsoever 🙁

But I do have a cheeky long weekend in the Alps, so all is not lost!

Alex

That’s a great photo Stoner with some fantastic riding contained therein. The swiss DH course is brilliant fun even for mortal trail riders.

Spain – Ciclo Montana next week. Ardeche in September. Probably Spain again in November. Man of my age needs to take every opportunity he can to ride in fantastic places.

Now I’ve seen Stoner’s pic tho… wonder if we should do a family alps holiday 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Your Ardeche and Slovenia pics are always v tempting too Al.

kayla1
    Free Member

Nowhere planned, but we’re jolly excited about doing the Naughty Northumbrian Enduro on October 1st! I would like to ride other natural stuff around the country though- maybe this year!

Alex

September feels like a long way away

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LRKCDT]Ardeche 2016 – MTB[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MFFWDt]Ardeche 2016 – MTB[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MFPjG2]Ardeche 2016 – MTB[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I only ride park

Yetiman
    Free Member

No holidays for me this year but there will be the usual big days out….Torridon, Ben Macdui, Lochnagar etc. Always a great day out when there’s a good bit of hike a bike involved 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sadly my wife has determined to take me to the one part of Scotland that has no mountain biking whatsoever

Norfolk is not in Scotland. :mrgreen:

Where btw?.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ll be spending a few days riding round most of the Highlands. (There may be a bit of hike-a-bike involved)

dantsw13

Breaking News! In addition to my “Lads” trip in July, my wife has just agreed to a family Alps mini-break over my birthday on August Bank Holiday!!

Drac

To the sports hall to vote.

P-Jay
    Free Member

All images via Google.

After a several year hiatus (sort of) I’ll be back in Morzine for the PDS weekend and following week. I can’t wait – but I’m terrified I’ll miss my family too much and end up sulking for the second-half.

Llandegla May BH – I was meant to go at the weekend but was ill, again.

BPW, well it’s 20 mins from my house…

But, I think the bulk of it – for the first time in 12 years might be out of ‘offical’ Mountain Bike Venues, I’ve really fallen in love with stuff on my doorstep.

(I did actually take this one).

I even plan to get over my social anxiety and take up Molgrips offer of a meet / ride.

Stoner
    Free Member

Blimey that’s a quick result Dan! I shall sort out my commission from the PDS tourist board later today… 😉

dragon
    Free Member

North Wales. But mostly running this year due to the idiocy of entering a half marathon.

matt_outandabout

the one part of Scotland that has no mountain biking whatsoever

Cambuslang?

I know where i’ll you’ll be! :p

Yeah baby 8)

Les Gets for first 10 days of July. Hiking and biking.

I also have a date with the Northwest of Scotland on the cards for a long weekend this summer, hiking and biking.

*This* is what I am hoping for…

dantsw13

Stoner – I think we will be heading for the Tarantaise area. My mate has an apartment in Ste Foy, or maybe Tignes again, as I’ll know my way around, and the free Tignes carte/liftpass is a great attraction.

IHN

Mongolia 8)

hjghg5
    Free Member

French alps, following the dauphine. Mainly roadie stuff.

matt_outandabout

Mongolia

More.
    Detail.
    Needed.

porter_jamie

les arc 2nd week in july

IHN

More.
    Detail.
    Needed.

Will pictures help?

whitestone
    Free Member

<blackadder>Oh! There!</blackadder>

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    Mongolia

Pray tell … curious to know about this planned adventure.

We’re heading back to Vancouver so have the Chilcotins planned along with Whistler and Squamish and if I can get away with it perhaps Washington and Kootnays as well

IHN

Okay, Mongolia; we basically decided whether we wanted a new bathroom or a holiday we’d seen a few years ago and wanted to do. The decision was:

Yuts (well, Gers) away!

rondo101
    Free Member

Taking a break from Les Arcs this year with a trip to Verbier instead.

Still got lots of holiday left though, so a last minute end-of-season trip to Whiteroom is always possible…

yossarian
    Free Member

Ridgeway end to end and SDW end to end

Lots of local riding and lots of shorter easier routes with my lad who is getting seriously into mtb.

Lots of time at the race track as bmx appears to be taking over the household! This is a very good thing, but it does mean I’m permanently injured!

lucky7500

I’m away for a week on my first trip with BasqueMTB in June. I’m also definitely going to ride the Ciaran path / Devil’s Staircase this before autumn, but sure exactly when. I have high hopes of spending a couple of weekends in the peaks as well and finally making it to Aviemore to rent a fatbike. 🙂

madxela
    Free Member

Inverness to Glasgow (road via Aviemore and some distilleries)
    Lakes weekend MTB
    5 days doing approx 2/3 of the Swiss Traversee du jura MTB (touring)
    Happy days

beej

Northern Italy/France to coincide with the last week of the Tour de France.

Sestreire/Finestre loops
    Colle del Nivolet

Izoard on the day the race goes up it, watch the women’s race too.
    Lacets du Montvernier/Col du Chaussy
    La Toussuire
    Something else on the last day.

Should be fun.

matt_outandabout

^ that could tempt me onto a road bike….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Enough politics – where are you all riding this summer?’ is closed to new replies.