Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Enigma Ego review – which issue?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Which issue was the Enigma Ego ST reviewed in? I’ve searched the reviews section of the site but it doesn’t appear to have made it that far…

Cheers,

rewski
    Free Member

IvanDobski – not sure about the review but did you know that Enigma are having an open day in May at their Sussex Workshop, they’ll have a demo Ego there, already checked myself.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Oh.

I’ve a relative in Sussex…

And some golden handcuffs from work to spend…

And I’m off that day…

I was probably better off not knowing about that tbh!

rewski
    Free Member

Sounds like it was meant to happen, stunning bike. Take your bike some great riding in the area Friston Forest, Abbots Wood and South Downs obviously. Was there at the weekend.

BTW – Issue 51 had reviews of New School Ti’s but Ego wasn’t include.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I think I just might do that.

Issue 59 by the way.

rewski
    Free Member

Me too.

Thanks

woodsman
    Free Member

It is indeed issue 59. I ordered my copy through the mag back issues dept £1.99 delivered!

I have the actual frame featured in that issue and I’m in the process of building it up into a bike again. I’ve resprayed it at work as the satin black wasn’t doing anything for the fillet brazing! 😉

Here it is…

barn
    Free Member

I want to eat it.

rewski
    Free Member

woodsman – Very nice, I thought the black looked pretty amazing too.

satin black wasn’t doing anything for the fillet brazing!

Did you mean is wasn’t showing the quality?

woodsman
    Free Member

That’s it rewski without wanting to sound too pretentious – if I haven’t done so already! 😉

The standard Ego’s are TIG welded although they do still offer the fillet braze alternative for a bit extra.

The one above was a bit of a one-off to show case what they can do, and has different drop-outs (Joe Breezer style) and a disc brace – old skool style, where as the newer versions have no brace and a Paragon steel drop-out. The chainstays are different as well, my one has the Colombus Life ‘blade type’ and the TIG version has ‘Nemo’ still Colombus though.

You can spec what you want of course.

rewski
    Free Member

Not at all, no point hiding it. Is it the same for the Ti Ego’s?

woodsman
    Free Member

I’m sure you can spec drop-outs and geometry of course on the Ti frames. Other than that Ti isn’t really my thang so that’s about all I can say.

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Enigma Ego review – which issue?’ is closed to new replies.