Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Enigma Bikes…
  • rewski
    Free Member

went to the workshop open day on Saturday, great bunch of guys, amazing bikes, definitely worth checking them out. The Steel Ego MTB bikes is amazing.

http://www.enigmabikes.com/index.html

PJay
    Free Member

Looks lovelly, but over £900 for a steel frame puts it well outside of my price range. Is it really worth that much more over plenty of quality steel frames in the £300-£500 range?

Shandy
    Free Member

They do look very nice. PJay you couldn’t help me out and name a few nice frames in that price range for me to do a bit of research on? I am looking at steel road frames and struggling to find anything outside the Genesis Equilibrium.

PJay
    Free Member

I’m afraid not, I was thinking mountain bike frames (Pipedream Sirius/Scion, Genesis Latitude etc.). I don’t know much about road bikes although I’m sure that others can help out.

woodsman
    Free Member

Still not ridden mine so can’t comment on how good or bad it is.

A bit closer though

wwaswas

You’ve just included that bit of garden to wind people up, haven’t you?

woodsman
    Free Member

ha ha – no time for that metro-sexual pastime of gardening – but I did make the fence though 🙂

It isn’t a garden anyway, that’s where I hose the bike down – so there! 😆

AlexSimon

Very nice Woodsman!
    How much did it cost to get the forks sprayed to match the frame?

woodsman
    Free Member

Thanks Alex!

I did all the paint work myself, when I was quiet at work. The frame was sating black when I got it, the forks white. It is a bit of a faf doing the forks, got to be stripped down for a start.

If you were having your frame done where ever) then it would be more cost effective to supply the stripped uppers and lowers to the painter at the same time. Not sure if that helps any.

AlexSimon

Cheers – BTW I think the colour you’ve chosen is absolutely spot-on

rewski
    Free Member

I test rode a black gloss fillet brazed version, a right beauty. As is yours woodsman 🙂

TheDoctor
    Free Member

plenty of quality steel frames in the £300-£500 range

I think your and my definitions of quality differs somewhat! Most of/if not all of what I have seen in that price range could only be described as shonky!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Enigma Bikes…’ is closed to new replies.