Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • English Baccalaureate – would you have got it?
  • miketually
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U – “This animation was adapted from a talk given at the RSA by Sir Ken Robinson, world-renowned education and creativity expert and recipient of the RSA’s Benjamin Franklin award.”

MrsToast
    Free Member

from what I gather the double award GCSE science only counts as one of the five and you need all 3 triple sciences at c or above to count as one

Pffft, that’s what I get for doing airy fairy subjects! It’s more difficult than getting 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, I still insist a Terry’s Chocolate orange counts as one. 🙁

Would have done more sciences if chemistry had been with Dr Stec more. Dr Stec made things explode a lot. Dr Edgar was boring and had a massive beard.

Cougar

from what I gather the double award GCSE science only counts as one of the five and you need all 3 triple sciences at c or above to count as one

Not according to the link I posted. You need two of the three sciences (but need to take all three even if you only pass two), or in the case of double science you need a grade “CC” or higher to qualify.

(What the hell is double science anyway? Back when I took GCSEs, generic “science” was what the lower sets took instead of individual disciplines. Has that changed? I’m struggling to see who’d want to take a subject they weren’t very good at, twice over).

ebygomm
    Free Member

When I was at school dual science still involved studying Biology, Chemistry and Physics separately but in less depth hence only two GCSEs. It also meant if you were crap at one it would bring both grades down.

anagallis_arvensis

double science is all the sciences and is worth two gcse’s so the 5 A-C league you needed english and maths, double sci and one other. with goves new toy I believe you need english, maths, double sci (or all three if you did triple), plus a MFL (a few schools would put their non english as first language kids into a Nepally GCSE or something thats now out) and one from geography and history,

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes, if Welsh counts as a foreign language.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘English Baccalaureate – would you have got it?’ is closed to new replies.