England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)

Home Forum Chat Forum England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)
  • duckman

That is most certainly not just a Scottish thing smudger.

RichPenny

Kryton – why are any of the players from tonight’s games ‘louts’? Or did I not read The Sun for the last 12 months?

I think it’s because one of them deliberately broke another players arm last year, and was then selected for his first cap. Oh no wait, that was Rugby 🙄

Back to the game, found it thoroughly enjoyable and hope it’s back on the fixture list soon. Haven’t read the news this morning but hope that both sets of fans behaved.

Rooney looked pretty good, Gerrard didn’t, we appear to have a problem at centre back. Ukraine and Poland will give us some serious problems. Scotland surely need to apply that passion to their qualifying games.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

I certainly hope there is a return match. Say next August?

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Enjoyed the game last night despite the result, not the best game ever but both teams had go. 3 goals showing skill/opportunisim and 2 from mistakes. Still annoyed that the Tartan Army boo the English Anthem though.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Bruce Ritchie wrote:

Still annoyed that the Tartan Army boo the English Anthem though.

The fans booed each others anthems. Not that I think it’s necessary or desirable to do so.

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

@ Scotroutes, it seems the TA make more of deal of it though, I wish they could understand that indifference is a bigger insult.

rogerthecat

I was more impressed with Gordon’s post match interview than Woy’s, he just seemed more engaged than the England manager.

As it was the first footy match I’ve watched in aged and really enjoyed, I was disappointed to hear on the radio this morning that, due to fixture congestion, it’s unlikely to be anything other than a rare event.

Surely football could benefit from a home nations championship.

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Subscriber

I listened to the anthems on the radio and it seemed like the booing was just as bad for both. The English fans could have set the tone by not booing.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top