Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • England Germany roll call
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

Whos here for the game

jon1973
    Free Member

Sitting at home watching the game with the laptop on the arm or the chair.

colnagokid

Me! Lager in hand, loving the England fans booing the germans! 😀

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Prediction – Gerrard Red Card – 1-0 Germany AET.

tommid
    Free Member

Rode early so I could get back in time.

jon1973
    Free Member

that's the spirit Obi_Twa 🙄

highclimber
    Free Member

I have laptop out to keep eye on betting odds, window open, can of (german :s) beer on table.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

In the pub.

Hick.!

ianpinder
    Free Member

oh ****

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Talk about route 1.

Typical German efficiency.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – went out but the bars are not open yet. Oh dear 🙁

Ti29er
    Free Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ti29er
    Free Member

The question is: how many will England let in?

A cruel way to be told you're not as good as you nor the media belive you to be. Someone had to give them a reality check.

4-0 final score perhaps?

ianpinder
    Free Member

wooooo

jon1973
    Free Member

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Doing a lot of channel hopping ….

National RR champs on Eurospprt ( SKY 411 ) is way better than the footie

ianpinder
    Free Member

And the odi

Ti29er
    Free Member

4-0 final score perhaps?

Well done Germany.
    Let the witch hunt begins…..

hora
    Free Member

Please. Lets get one thing straight. In a few years time I don't want people calling me unpatriotic again for saying 'why bother'? Everytime its the same story- disarray and blame on the manager again.

Soo many times have England players turned up but not logged-on.

4yrs time I'll support another team again. Germany were a class apart throughout.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Why unpatriotic?
    I predicted 4-0 based on ability and likely result.
    Nothing unpatriotic about that.
    Englad have been and were dismal. Period.

You don't need a crystal ball to be aware of the gulf that exists between England's footballing prowess & other teams.

Does Franz Beckenbauer (sp?) have a point about the lack of talent coming through in the Premiership? That and mis-management perhaps.

Either way, we all knew England could not step up to the plate today – it was never going to happen. The national team is (and has been for many years) secondry to the domestic game (Premiership) – we haven't even been playing with new ball in the league since the start of the year like the other major European teams.

hora
    Free Member

Does Franz Beckenbauer (sp?) have a point about the lack of talent coming through in the Premiership? That and mis-management perhaps.

Thing is, some of those players represent the cream of their team(s) yet none of them seem to have the leadership or initiative to show themselves as an example or lead a turn around. Out on the pitch the managers input is minimal. What was the Captain doing? Why wasn't James managing his back 4?

So what if Fabio had a certain style of management. He wasnt managing the Burnley side.

What was Rooney up to? Seems to me they genuinely wanted out so they could have a well-earned break before the hectic-stressful Premiership kicks off again.

Ti29er
    Free Member

The manager picked Rooney. For the first two games, this was wrong.
    The manager brought on Hesky who is not a goal scorer. ?
    The manager payed Lampard on the "wrong" side of defence.
    The manager played Gerrard out of position where he and Rooney can't communicate so effectively.
    The back four were a disgrace. YOu could see James getting more & more annoyed with them – how many words starting with an F did you spot from his lips?!

It's not much more than we anticipated happening, truth be told.

All back to the UK, some major chest beating and a blame game.
    Press Reset.
    Premiership's where it's at in the UK.

hora
    Free Member

Press Reset.

…and then another mess of a managers-choice. The decent ones shy away from the poisoned-chalice.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Otherwise?
    Harry Reknapp? – Mr Midas.

The FA selected McLaren, so maybe it should be taken out of their hands entirely? They promoted the Lieutenant to General, a fundamental and basic error. Are we safe in their hands?

I am available if anyone from the FA is reading this. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Two choices for me. One plys his trade in the midlands… and the other is Ti29r's suggestion..

However who would take this job? Remember the last decent prospective who turned it down due to the British media?

hora
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member

Just tried to post on the England Germany game thread and found it closed, no doubt due to page 5.

My wife took a coach load of French kids to INGERLUND last week. As page five and the thread closure prove, half the population have lost it. She found obese is now a word not used in polite converasiton and Humpty Dumpty and Baa Baa Black Sheep is only sung by black sheep . Bonkers. And now historical references are no longer funny. Should I report the next minou to call me a surrender monkey to the mods and demand a ban?

hora
    Free Member

I can see why though. You really have to stop such posts.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I too read the other thread and was disappointed and the way it developed.
    Let's stick to the topic and resolve some issues in an educated manner – as we seem to be doing.

Blackhound

Sven always got England to the last eight before a close defeat and he was supposedly useless! So what does that make Capello?

donsimon
    Free Member

Many people cite the Premier League as the best in the world, but how many players in your league are from outside england?
    How many english players play outside the Premiership?

singletrackmind

Rich and useless?

Hairychested
    Free Member

If England play Lineker, Dixon, Adams, Gazza, Shearer and Beckham in the next WC, at least there'll be passion and willingness to try.
    The defence was awful, midfield useless, no attack present. Millwall would've played better (especially if they were told it was Chelsea against them).
    Next time lucky, perhaps.

Ti29er
    Free Member

It always amuses me that the England fans are so loyal.

Regardless of the results, they troop across the globe in memory of 1966 and in the absolute knowledge that they ARE following the best in the world. Makes me smile every time. Regardless of what has gone before, what experiences they've gained in Life's journey, they know England are the best and will win the World Cup.

Now you know who buys door-to-door dish cloths, Tescos special offers, emails telling you that you've won £squillians, goods & services from Indian cold callers and every other snake oil sales person on the planet.

hora
    Free Member

Message from a German friend (in Germany):
    "Oh Mark, Sven was so high after today's game, I had to drive the car while he was shaking a huge German flag out of the car window screaming: Deutchland!!! and playing really loud football music."
    😆 :mrgreen:

FuzzyWuzzy

Well most of the players were crap for sure but Capello just made bizarre choices. Played key people out of position and what is his obsession with Heskey? He's a one trick pony (target man for a long ball), show him a goal and he panics. Defoe isn't much better, again a one trick pony IMO (good in the 6 yard box but can't run past defenders and has got no chance in the air). I'm not a big Crouch fan but at least he gives you a few options (good in the air, good in set pieces, good target for the long ball, can score, good defending set pieces).
    I like that Capello obviously wants the sack to get his millions in compensation rather than resign for being shite :p

Ti29er
    Free Member

Germay must think they can go the whole way now.
    The one team they can't defeat in World Cup tournaments, Italy, are out, England are always a good whipping post (where as we view Germay as our arch enemies on the field, they don't view us thus) so onwards to the cup!

Do you recall the cracking photo when McLaren was walking away from the FA HQ in London with his wife at his side? Her enormous, humongous smile form the huge buy-out / sacking said it all. Capello might get the same but even more £.

Ergo: is it actually the FA's fault? Is there a grass roots issue, both with the structure of the FA and the management in Soho Square I wonder? Surely they must have built in very specific get-out clauses to the contract in case he & the team stuffed up? Seems logical in light of recent disasters. The poisoned chalice or what?!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I will be surprised if Harry isn't the next England manager.

Ti29er
    Free Member

He'll like the money and the 4yr honeymoon period.

But he'd miss the week-by-week football management, the hands-on syle he adopts. I think that would be a major consideration; no longer being able to build something tangible, something real, instead, every so often, being given 20+ men and trying in vain to Play-Do them into something worth while.

The lure of and the buzz of actual Premiership management must be a huge thrill. Being England manager is not just a poisoned chalice but akin to backseat driving with another person's car, one you can't even change or adapt that much. He'd do well to aviod it like the plague; although he is well known for jumping ship mid-contract whenever a £5 note is waved in his face & it'd look great on his CV for a possible move into Sir Alex's shoes when he leaves.

BigJohn

It might as well be Martin O'Neill (who isn't English, or even British btw) because watching England was JUST like watching the Villa (which I do on a regular basis).

No passing ability, no perceptible shape or tactics. It's not a coincidence there were 6 ex and current Villa players in the squad. The 2 they left behind (Ashley Young and Gabby Agbonlohor) were the ones who could have made a real difference.

But tradition dictates that the job of England manager is to select the 11 best players and play them out of position.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘England Germany roll call’ is closed to new replies.