Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • England cricket with spoiler
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

WTF?

Really? WTFF?

Pook

yeah it's not that encouraging is it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Unless you are supporting Pakistan, no.

mefty
    Free Member

Lucky escape just now, doubt I will be seeing England bat tomorrow.

Pook

woohoo. 50. <ripple of applause>

anagallis_arvensis

this thread in its current form reminds me of a carry on film…… FFS its says spoiler in the title 54-5

portlyone

8 for 4! 😯

psychle
    Free Member

bloody hell… Amir is killing them! he really is a pretty special bowler eh? 6-29 and the youngest cricketer to get their name on either of the Lord's honour board, superb! 8)

psychle
    Free Member

Good fightback this from Trott & Broad…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Truly outstanding – 100 up somehow!

psychle
    Free Member

superb knock from Trott, chapeau and all that 🙂

not bad for an Englishman 😉

psychle
    Free Member

And a ton for Broad as well, chapeau indeed! A real character building day today, true grit and courage displayed by these two, excellent cricket 🙂

Pakistan, well, they must be kicking themselves a bit eh? 102-7 and they couldn't wrap it up… hmmmm…

psychle
    Free Member

WTF?

Really? WTFF?

One could say the same about yesterday afternoon and this mornings slaughter of Pakistan… they must be crushed by now, talk about 'having defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!'… demoralised just isn't the word for how they must be feeling right now 🙁

Yesterday was a glorious day for Test cricket though, wasn't it!? Superb stuff 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Broad gone didn't quite get the record for a number 9

mboy
    Free Member

332 run stand for the 8th wicket!

WOW!!!

Stuart Broad and Jonathon Trott have pretty much just wrapped up the series win for England with that partnership… Awesome!

And 450, perhaps even 500 is on, which on a damp Lords pitch is very respectable indeed… Just a shame it came down to 2 men…

allthepies
    Free Member

Unbelievable days play yesterday – couldn't believe* it when someone told me the end of play score in the pub last night.

* hence "unbelievable" 😉

nicko74

WTF?! I'm in Canadia, so not been keeping abreast of it. Just flicked over to BBC Sport – Broad 169? 169?!! Were they bowling underarm at him?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

no stranger than that he batted lik e across beetween viv richards, the don and Lara at their best. Did not even give them a chance his first ever 100 and beat his dads [opening batsemen] best score.
    Not lucky trully incredible world fecord 382 partnership and highest score by a number 9 in test cricket and perhpas even all first class. Next nearest was against Zimbawe FFS

Pakistan 9-2 and Broad got a wicket as well on for a ten wicket match and a century @ Lords?

allthepies
    Free Member

10-3 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Broad will take 5 wickets today… 10 for the match, easily… he is pumped, as well he should be!

Could even all be over today, Pakistan are in absolute disarray! 😆

psychle
    Free Member

then again… maybe Swann will get the five-for…

psychle
    Free Member

this is genuinely pathetic from Pakistan… they're ready for the flight home!

EDIT: though… in fairness, I wonder if the disaster back home is weighing on their minds? It's a fair bet they have or know folk caught up in the flooding etc…

allthepies
    Free Member

74 all out 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

One more test Broad v Pakistan?

psychle
    Free Member

Good god… this really could all be over tonight, what a debacle from Pakistan… though, I reckon bad light will save them this evening, maybe…

allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm, so more to this game than meets the eye judging by the news headlines this morning.

Stoner
    Free Member

possibly – but taking bungs for no-balls* isnt the same as throwing the match down the pan?

* if proven.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just seen the footage of the pre-match meeting with the fixer stating that the first ball of the third over would be a no ball.

Then on cricinfo for the third over details:-

"Mohammad Amir to Cook, 1 no ball, 88.3 mph, no-ball this time from Amir, rare from him, the delivery was pretty decent though, swinging away a fraction. Yikes, on replay that was an enormous no-ball, good half a metre over the line "

aracer
    Free Member

I don't fancy the job of deciding man of the match – they could really do with awarding two (I'm making the possibly dodgy assumption that nobody's going to do anything spectacular today to change the outcome of this game). Though if pressed, unless Broad manages a 5for, I'd reluctantly give it to Trott.

psychle
    Free Member

Dear oh dear… Unbelievable that such high-profile players would do this…

allthepies
    Free Member

Coming up in four months….

psychle learns that England won the Ashes 😆

psychle
    Free Member

England did what now?? 😯 😯 😯 I don’t believe you!! 😕 👿

psychle
    Free Member

Thought I’d try and link the article in to the original discussion, hasn’t quite worked I guess 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry about the spolier. 😳

😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘England cricket with spoiler’ is closed to new replies.