Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Engineering terms
  • wrecker
    Free Member

By accident or design?

To be fair, I was reporting dirty flange plates.
    Military engineering of the roughest variety had some cool names. Donkeys dick on the water tanks, male and female fitting called c*** and cock. Kieselguhr was just called spunk. Alawys liked calling the shrike an exploder, probably correct but such a lovely word. Exploder.

T1000
    Free Member

I used to like telling the team to warmup the Volumatic Disintegrator

Unfortunately not something provided by the ACME corporation for bugs bunnies Martian foe, but a document shredder on steroids

senorj

Righty tighty,lefty loosey.
    Half day Friday.
    🙂

stu170
    Free Member

Tornado aircraft, have both a “bastard” panel and pipe. Several donkeys dicks. And quite a bit of the cockpit is held together with gorilla snot

paulhaycraft

Our rack mount power supplies are courtesy of Wayne Kerr!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Monkey Spunk, which was cable ID sleeve lubricant.

hairyscary

stu170 – Member
    Tornado aircraft, have both a “bastard” panel and pipe

Jammed into Zone 19 doing an In-flight re-fuelling probe change by any chance? I nearly drowned in Avtur the first time I did that job.

stu170
    Free Member

Hairy scary, the bastard pipe is a little angular ecs pipe that fits on the alien in zone 19. Spent 2 weeks in there, changing a canopy torque tube, and that ifrp pipe is certainly a bugger. About 6 weeks later, I did such a good job on the first, I had another 2 week stay in there. My body is still bruised from rogue hyd pipes years later.

takisawa2

Had an auditor in last week.
    The humourless QA guy brought him in.
    His introduction was utterly priceless…

“Paul….can I introduce you to Dick…”

WTF
    Free Member

I regularly use my King Dick and some penetrating lubricant on the occasional rusty orifice of a flange.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I used to deal with a nice designer called Helmut Wanke.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh and the w-anchor was sold as a windsurfing accessory in the states back in the day.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Engineering terms’ is closed to new replies.